1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge to sign with Spurs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 4, 2015.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I understand him signing with the Spurs, but I really don't understand how PHX was that close in this? smh...

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Top 10 player in the NBA? That's your eye test? Top 10 players can create their own shot and create for others. And I already poked a hole in this Defensive Player of the Year hype. Put him on the Rockets a couple years ago (Harden's first year) instead of Harden. We'd come closer to having the most lottery balls than the playoffs. His mystique would not be nearly as strong if he wasn't on such a strong team that has given him so much facetime in the playoffs and Finals. So, so overrated....

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don't get dry in the northwest baby <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RipCity?src=hash">#RipCity</a> <a href="https://t.co/FBtTOZqGjW">https://t.co/FBtTOZqGjW</a></p>&mdash; Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/617390896179343360">July 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Where's all the idiots who called me a moron because I said that Aldridge won't come here? I win LOSERS.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I'm glad Aldridge chose San Antonio. My only concern is Dallas signing Deandre Jordan but on the positive side Portland and the L.A Clippers are weak.

6. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

[​IMG]

Judging by this chart, it ain't no mystery he didn't sign with the Rockets.

7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I think we can beat the Spurs in the playoffs.

#107 danoman, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This. The blind hate and understatements regarding Spurs and Warriors in this board are r****ded.

1 person likes this.
  9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

My goodness. If I believed this thread and the rest of the Dish the Western Conference is turning into the Eastern Conference and we'll have a cakewalk to the WCF. I know we're all Rockets fans but get real.

10. Major

Major Member

He made 3 shots from 20 or 30 feet out of bounds off the side of the court?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Timmy will play C next season

Timmy- LMA-Lenard-Manu/Green-Parker ?

Rocket River

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This sucks. Spurs dynasty never gonna die.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Rockets need to work on D-Mo a lot.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Its all because of the shrewd drafting of Tim Duncan being a consummate professional and his longevity. Imagine how different everything is if the Spurs didn't tank to get him.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think anybody is "scared", but to reload like that with Leonard and LMA after almost 2 decades of dominance is just...man....it's frustrating....

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Now you see why he's a max player. The whole arena is his court, and only because it has walls he ain't making jumpers from the parking lot.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The one thing (I think) LaMarcus Aldridge can't have in San Antonio: His old number. Pretty sure <a href="https://twitter.com/Bowen12">@Bowen12</a> wants to keep No. 12 where it is</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/617400536476749824">July 4, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Signing Aldridge absolutely puts the Spurs on the short list of favored contenders next year, but I don't know how much it effects their long term future. He turns 30 on July 19th. He isn't the future, he is extending their chances in the present. Should be great for the duration of his contract, but you still have to expect Manu, Parker and Duncan to eventually see a marked decline due to age, and increasing risk of injury. Of course that has been a risk for the last 5+ years so who knows if it will actually happen or not this season.

Belinelli, Splitter and Baynes are gone. Not sure who is going to be playing back up center, or starting center on back to backs when Duncan sits. It's also likely that at least one or two other role players will need to be moved to make the cap space to give Aldridge the max.

I have to wonder if Aldridge was set on playing on a contender where he would be the first option on offense. He most likely will be on the Spurs, and almost certainly would have been with the Suns. On the Rockets he is 2nd behind Harden. Suns made no sense to me over just staying with Portland unless the Blazers some how pissed him off for some reason. But it seems like he was set on playing for a contending team where he would be the first option.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds like cfnet was tLking ourselves into believing we had a chance, but I haven't been following much

Can someone summarize the thread about Lakers and Rockets meeting with LMA first. Was that true. And what do we know about what Morey said to him. Why did LMA meet with us first?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Exactly that.

True. Lakers & Rockets did meet with him. Lakers were terrible. Lakers were later given a 2nd meeting.

He was reportedly impressed with the Rockets presentation. But that may be only in comparison to the Lakers pitch. :)