1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge Spurs Highlights vs. Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like he's fitting in well.

[youtube]srnMVg65Avo[/youtube]

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That pick and pop with Parker is going to be very hard to defend.....

3. tested911

tested911 Member

No doubt they are the team to beat in the NBA.

I had them pegged to win it all.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think the Spurs championship probability rests on LMA's mid-range game. Meaning, can the Spurs get him to do a bit less of it?

he'll still have really great games where he is on fire from mid-range. but on the whole, those games make people forget that while he is better than most other bigs, he doesn't have an absolutely unstoppable mid-range game, which is why his FG% and TS% aren't amazing.

But if the Spurs can get him moving in their system, get him a lot of open looks 0-10 ft where he is amazing, well they might storm through an already very very competitive western conference.

Parker/LMA pick and roll.
    Duncan/LMA high post/low post action.
    Kwahi/LMA entry pass and cuts.

he fits in very very well.

5. basketballholic

And this is why our championship aspirations rest on how we can upgrade our big man rotation. The Spurs have David West, Boris Diaw, and Boban Marjanovic coming off the bench BEHIND these 2 seven foot hall-of-fame talents.

Anybody here that thinks Terrence should be in our big man rotation doesn't understand NBA basketball. There's simply no place for Terrence against teams like this. There is not one single aspect of Terrence's game that is better than these guys for him to be able to make a difference. We've got to get top flight defense and offense out of Dwight/DMo/Capela and possibly add another top paint defending rebounder to be able to whip these guys in a 7-game series.

6. malakas

malakas Member

I watched 3/4 of the match yesterday night and the whole Spurs squad looked great, including Parker which was very surprising. The ball was flying the defence was great Duncan and LMA seemed to have good chemistry. And the Heat also played most of the first three quarters with their starters in like it was a RS match.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looks like a younger Tim Duncan...ugh.

DD

8. csc177

csc177 Member

Geez...The Spurs are going to be dangerous. Their big man rotation is lethal. Praying Dmo comes back 100% and is as effective as he was last year otherwise, overcoming Golden State and San Antonio won't happen (even with Ty Lawson).

Can't the Spurs just get old already and go away????

9. rocketsmetalspd

They are one of the teams to beat in NBA. The West is brutal it will not be easy on any one team this season.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They look good, but I ain't scared. I have high hopes for that Capela/Dwight front court for defense.

Aldridge OWNS TJ! Anybody else on Aldridge and I think Rockets still beat the Spurs.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

as soon as LMA signed there, If I had to bet my money who is going to win it all its them,

Rockets 2nd.... But the problem is our bigs size and lack of experience vs west, LMA, duncan for me to put my money my money on them

their starting 5 has the best balance in the NBA, with Defense & offense

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

our style of play will still give SA fits and vice versa....can't wait to see what happens when both teams go SMALL

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We have the bigs to guard them - I think the West is a 3 team race, Houston, GS, and SA.

DD

14. SunsRocketsfan

they look awesome.. pick and pop with aldridge is going to be deadly. LMA can shoot further out than Duncan. Let's not forget they have David West coming off the bench too.

Spurs are the best run organization in the NBA for the past decade+. Gotta respect them.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The West is crazy... The Warriors are the same 67 win team and oh yeah the champs, the spurs are the spurs + aldridge, the clippers are ultra talented and deep for once, and the rockets have Harden/Howard + Lawson and depth... But IMO the scariest team might be the Thunder. A healthy Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka team has never failed to win at a 60win pace or to reach the WCF. I have a feeling Durant is going to go nuts this year, eager to once again challenge Lebron for best player in the nba like he did in 2013.

16. Asian Sensation

Would've been nice to have Smoove on LMA. ****

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He looks heavier. I don't know if it's the change in uniform but at least 50lbs plus. I didn't recognize him and thought it was Nazr Muhummad until I resized the video screen. Dude got big.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Which bigs? If Dwight starts it would have to be him and Dmo. Dmo on Duncan while Dwight has to cover LMA. If Dmo has issues and can't go the Rockets won't be able to counter on offense.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Liberon didn't check that Capela/Dwight lineup Mchale trotted out during preseason. I think Capela can check Aldridge effectively. especially if LA is going to be taking those trunaround jumpers from 28 feet.

20. hakeemthagreat

We have absolutely nobody that can guard him smh