1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge Could Inevitably Become Available Soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's certainly no Bosh and he's not a max player, but last year he was averaging a respectable 22 and 8.

but if we did get him at the deadline, we'd essentially be paying him $29 mil for two years of play. We are not a contender yet, and LA himself doesn't make us a contender. So the more i look at it, it's not as much of a no-brainer as i initially thought. We might actually be better off developing Jones and Dmo, and using Parsons (who'll get Batum money in two years) as bait for aquiring the #2 option we need.

#41 Aruba77, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. jose

jose Member

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to add that I believe Parsons can play SF similar to Josh Howard(in his prime).

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

No jump shot nor an offensive low post threat. Even the Hawks fans all scream "Nooo" every time he shoots jumpers.

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

LMA is a better rebounder than his numbers indicate. Keep in mind he's always played next to an elite rebounding center.

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

He's been playing like this for the last 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55Pc4K815g

6. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I'd say he's the best PF in the game right now.

7. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Yessssssssss it begins!

I've developed a strong bromance for Parsons, but Aldridge would be one of the few available players out there it would be worth flipping him for.

Aldridge is an "okay" defender for a big man, but it's really offensively where he shines.

He's a master at the inside-out game and can splash midrange shots or hook shot right over a shorter defender in the low post. He's just such a smart player, and a native Texan to boot!

I speculate that if LMA were inserted into Houston's up-tempo system his numbers and usage would spike across the board. The Rockets lead the league in pace of play, and provided Aldridge can get up and down the court, 20-30 point nights will not be uncommon.

Do it wizard! :grin:

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Houston should use cap space not trade our young players like Parsons

9. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Anyone that thinks LMA is on the decline is one of the following: A) someone who hasn't watched LMA play recently; B) r****ded; or C) both A & B.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LMA is not in Bosh's league offensively and I would probably rate Kevin Love higher because his rebounding ability is almost historic.

I'd put him 3rd at best. Just like Harden though, he can easily be the best player on the court on any given night.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We are not further behind, we are ahead. We have a better young team than them, don't let the sizzle of Lillard fool you.

LMA is not on the decline.

I think we could get it done. We have a ton of great young players I think we could trade any of them outside of Asik and Lin and take the hit. LMA is better than Parsons. If the Rockets can manage to get him I think trading Parsons would make Morris a starter, I think he'd do well there. No he wouldn't be Parsons...but teams aren't doubling Harden with LMA on the court no way.

I'd do it.

He's on like 2-3 year deal off the top of my head right? You could explore your options till then and I think the starting five of Lin/Harden/Parsons(Morris)/LMA/Asik is a potential top 5 team in the west.

Are they going to need more pieces? Sure, but Morey could get it done.

He's also on the trading block then. GMs don't say "We aren't trading him!" unless they've actually considered it.

12. arjun

arjun Member

:eek::eek:

you're joking.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am not sure we would need to move Parsons, they have Batum.

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

LA would be an amazing fit for the Rockets. I would be super excited if we were able to somehow get him without giving up Harden, Asik, Parsons and Lin.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He would be a good fit. Patterson's play of late helps our cause.

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

They're very same-y players, but it's hard to predict how these deals work out down the road. Often you have to give up something to get something, and Parsons might end up going to a third team with a more pressing need for a developing small forward.

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Aldridge is very good, but he is not great, so I'd be careful to not give up too much if the Blazers ask for the moon.

I think he's both overrated and underrated on this board.
    He does have a tendency to disappear at times and/or play soft and he is not a great rebounder, nor defender, however there's still no question that he's one of the best bigs in the league. He's pretty big/long for a PF, very skilled on offense and he plays smart.

When guys like him become available, you have to at least give it consideration and in the Rockets case I think you (have to) go for it, unless it completely guts your team/asset pool -- and even then you could make the argument that you go for it.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I was just throwing out the idea that maybe Parsons would go, even to a third team that would help us out.

Usually you have to give up something in these deals. I think Parsons or Morris would go...I think either would be fine as the starting SF for the future. I think D-Mo or Jones would be gone too.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Parsons is playing like a boss in his second year. He isn't going anywhere esp at that contract.

Harden, Parsons, Lin (money talks) are untouchable for the most part. Harden for sure.

20. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

AMEN!!! I actually think with the right development TJ can turn into a go to guy, but he is getting nothing. He cant get better sitting on the bench.