1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge Could Inevitably Become Available Soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He fits perfectly next to Asik but he hardly moves the needle towards contender. You don't take-on that contract unless you're getting the 1st pick overall in the draft this year or you think you can somehow land a player like Paul in a S&T.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Sometimes a change of scenery rejuvenates
    the body/mind. He a 6'11" PF AND is still only 27yr old.
    Depending on what we have to give if he becomes
    available he has to be considered. As long as we keep
    Harden/Parsons/Asik I'm in for Dealing & Stealing!

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Harden/Parsons/Asik might be enough to get him. :p

4. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

If this was a few years ago sure, i like our YOUNG team for the future. Continue working with pat, D-money, and Jones and see what they can do. Hopefully at least one of them can prove to be a solid starting PF.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like Portland would at least want Chandler Parsons + bench/picks for Aldridge. Remember, OKC initially wanted Parsons too and his play this season is making him an attractive "get" for any NBA team in need.

6. arjun

arjun Member

LA

for

Patrick Patterson
    Terrence Jones
    Donatas Montijunas
    Cole Aldrich (1yr/2.45mil expiring)
    Daequan Cook (1yr/3mil expiring)

Works financially.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Btw, I can't wait for the
    "Kevin Love broke his hand, FG% .393, they have to trade him now!" blogs and
    "How about Marcus Morris for Love? Nah, Love's not that good" threads!

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

In most cases you are correct. But some do start to decline fairly early. Rashard Lewis and Steve Francis started a steady decline at about that age. I think the players that start playing pro ball when they are young will start to decline earlier. Injuries play a big part in when a player starts declining. Aldridge has played quite a few games already in his career, so I think it's possible that he has already peaked. I guess we will know for sure in a year or two.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Aldridge would be perfect for our system. I'm not sure he's a max guy like Harden, but he's a strong #2 option. i wish he'd rebound better and play defense. Also, the health concerns scare me. But if all that checks out, pretty much anyone not named Harden should be made available for Aldridge. I still think that two years down the road, Dmo and Jones will permanently solve our problem at the 4 spot, but Aldridge looks to be a sure thing.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I think Aldridge simply needs a change of scenery. He needs to have a reliable big protecting the rim. The few games he and Greg Oden were able to play side by side, his efficiency went through the roof. He is frequently played as a center in portland, but he's at his best at the pf spot. Definetely think we could make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with him as out starting PF instead of Patterson.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I have never liked LA as much as some. He plays like a 7'0" shooting guard that does not play in the post, rebound or defend like a really good power forward should.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

while i agree that Parsons is the most attractive asset we have, he doesn't fit Portland all that well. They just broke the bank on a guy who plays the exact same position, with many of the same skills. And one of the things that makes Parsons attractive is his salary, which will be cheap for the next two years, but by the time Portland is ready to contend, Parsons will be a free agent and they'll have to pay him or let him walk. I think they would have tremendous interest in T.Jones and DMo though.

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

LOL y'all must not really watch LMA play.

LMA plays plenty in the post and he's a solid post defender and an excellent P n R defender.

Only on CF where Parsons is a superstar and LMA is a third option.

15. Damion Laverne

Sounds like a Morey move.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Yes, I think Parsons is the player that most teams would want included in a trade for a star player. Portland already has Batum at SF, so I don't know how that would work, but Parsons is definitely the guy that almost all teams would love to have. I would hate to lose Parsons unless we get a megastar in return. If you look at the numbers Parsons is putting up this year, they aren't that far off from what Aldridge is putting up. I'm leaning toward to just keep developing our young talent and going with a free agent. However, if the Rockets feel that Marcus Morris can play at SF then I could see Parsons being traded. I really do like Parsons though, so that would tough to swallow.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I have watched LA play since high school and he has been drifting farther and farther from the paint. No one thinks Chandler is better, but he is younger and costs far less, hence, a very attractive trade asset.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am really dissapointed in Rockets fans responses about pursuing LMA. He would literally be perfect, absolutely perfect for this Rockets team alongside Asik, Parsons and Harden.

A guy like LMA is an ideal candidate to pair with Harden and give yourself a 3-4 year window of being very very good, possibly contender status. You would have essentially recreated the Roy/Oden/LMA Blazers which was an elite team.

He is a top 3-5 PF in the game and is only 27.

Of course the Rockets should go after him and anything should be on the table outside of Harden/Parsons/Asik.

19. jose

jose Member

I disagree, I think Asik's defense and rebounding offsets his defensive liabilities.

That and his superb offensive game, it would be perfect to have a good shooting PF on this team.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Parsons has to be our most attractive asset. He is only in his second year, just turned 24 years old.... is able to guard and play multiple positions and is averaging 16/7/4/1 and shooting 48% from the field.... not to mention he is a very good defender... if I am another team I want him for sure.... he is on the cusp of being an all star calibur player still under his first contract.