1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by trowa, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL at jopat

2. demarco1

demarco1 Member

that's what i said, individual skill will not win over team skill, lakers with a lot of talent and experience, but still lose, that's example

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

PnR is the best play in the world. It is intuitive to those executing it, and almost impossible to guard in the current NBA if you have the right guys doing it (can pass, shoot open jumpers, drive to the hoop).

Anyway I hope the Lakers implode.

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

A stupid remark by a stupid coach. If Stockton and Malone didn't run into prime MJ, they wouldve won two championships. PnR was a thing of beauty between them two.
    PnR is one of the oldest plays in the book and still one of the most difficult to defend against. Brown really showed how imcompetent and ignorant he is as an NBA headcoach.

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

PnR is pivotal to Spurs attack. Spurs begin their offense with PnR at the top of the key. This will usually cause some mismatch, cave in, or sligh open lane. Then Parker will dish out to the open man at perimeter or from switch defense, depending on what defense gives him, then go from there with lots of ball movements and penetrations.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't recall ever seeing a coach so dogmatic about his offensive scheme.

7. conquistador#11

they'll be fine but let's cheer for an 0-20 start, maybe they would give up gasol

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

fire this man already

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...es-lakers-says-felt-injured-foot-was-fall-off

Mike Brown admits overplaying Kobe as he reaggrivates foot, will wear walking boot

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant scored a game-high 40 points in the Los Angeles Lakers' 105-95 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday, but the scoring outburst might have come at a cost.

Bryant said he was playing on one leg and told reporters in the locker room after the game that he felt like his right foot was "about to fall off" during the game.

Bryant missed a week's worth of practice and the final two preseason games while he recovered from a right foot injury that Bryant characterized as an ankle contusion that also irritated the tendon that runs along the bottom of his foot.

The 17-year veteran asked a locker room attendant to have longtime Lakers trainer Gary Vitti to get his walking boot ready for him so he could wear it when he left the arena.

Compounding things was the fact that Bryant played a game-high 43 minutes. Lakers coach Mike Brown admitted to overusing the 34-year-old Bryant.

"We need a win, obviously. I'm not trying to fool anybody here. We do need a win. You hope we could have gotten one tonight," Brown said. "That's part of why (Bryant) played the minutes that he played, which was too many."

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

oddly Jodie Meeks aka "Kobe's primary back-up" who is healthy was a DNP tonight.

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

If they go 0-17, I will be happy. It means Rockets will beat them twice!

Not sure if Pau would make us a true contender tho...

Our roster is young and assembled this offseason. We are not contending without playoff expereinces and it's illogical to get 32 yo Gasol. A young stud would fit better for our current lineup.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Gasol would be good for at least the next 4 years. That's about the same timespan as a star Josh Smith or Paul Millsap.

12. VanityHalfBlack

The Lakers will win a game once Asik can score a single point in one game... So.......

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

No to Josh and rather have Cousins instead of Millsap. I don't have a problem with signing Gasol to a two year contract. Signing for 4 would be too risky. He can lead a young team into the playoffs and our current core gaining some valuable playoff expereinces, but nothing more than 2.

14. BeardlyBeardman

Howard: "We can't start pointing fingers now."

Translation: "Please don't let anyone point the finger at me because I might cry if someone doesn't like me."

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I only watched the 4th quarter of that game last night. What I saw was that their offense consisted of Kobe dribbling around to find an open space and shoot. I guess that's their Princeton offense.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Betting against Lakers: easy money.

17. supdudes

supdudes Member

At this point, they should just trade Gasol. The guy is literally useless when it counts

18. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Man the Lakers are falling apart. No bench(like us), Nash injured, Pau being soft, Dwight getting back to form, and now Kobe falling apart. Clippers will take over LA. Bet on it.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Does Nash have multiple sources?

20. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]