1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by trowa, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TISNF

TISNF Member

Yeah with Mike Brown's bizarre offense, Nash is nothing special on that team. Looks good on paper and will sell tickets, but that's about it.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not sure I can recall an offensive game plan less suited to the players on the team than this one. Why in the world do you acquire Nash and then continue to run it like Fisher is your PG?

3. cdastros

cdastros Member

I don't think offense is the problem. The problem is giving up 116 to Portland.

1 person likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ha :) Fair point!

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Points given up each year in losses at portland

2008: 119 and 112
    2009: 106 and 111
    2010: 107
    2011: 106
    2012: 107

POR plays out of their damn minds when they play the Lakers. They have nothing else to look forward to in their franchise in recent years playing the Lakers at the Garden is like their NBA finals, their super bowl and they bring their absolute best. Like I said earlier Lakers going 6-24 at POR last 30 visits says it all

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

dwight doesnt look so super now... plus he looks less ripped from behind.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

nash barely played last night(injury)...but still no excuse for a Laker team...who is supposed to run away with the west...bottom line...if the Lakers dont hand the reigns over to Nash and let him run the offense...as opposed thru Kobe...they will fail to get where they need to...

Mike Brown needs to take a lesson from Mchale...stop trying to coach ur allstar PG(in Nash's case, 1st ballot HOF'er)...instead just follow his lead...and worry about defense...

Mike Brown will be fired before the Allstar break if the Lakers arent one of the best in the west...

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Looks good to me, plus he's hitting free throws.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

This team is going to wreck the West. Howard isn't healthy yet (as you can see by his pathetic defense the first 2 games). Kobe still has zero lift and is basically a jumpshooter. Nash is completely lost as hell. I'm sure Brown isn't as dumb as a rock to figure out who Steve Nash is.

You see flashes of how good they can be offensively. Their problem is defense, and that primarily comes from lack of communication (brand new team) and Howard not where he is physically.

People go crazy over a few games, or even a few months of games. I won't judge this team till after the all-star break. It's between OKC and Lakers in the playoffs. Nobody else.

10. trowa

trowa Member

yup, he needs to implement some pnr for nash+howard

11. supdudes

supdudes Member

As much as I dislike Brown, he DID say that Nash has the freedom to do whatever he wants on O. It's Nash that wants to stay the course and learn a new offense so that he'll have more options.

Point is, IMO he should just stick to his natural game, but this situation isn't as bad as people think it is

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Way too many games in the year to write this team off so soon. During the 2002-2003 season they had an abysmal 23-23 record at one point and ended up finishing strong and winning 50 games. They didn't win the title that year but they did go to the second round. At worst this is a 2nd round playoff team. At best this team is a championship contender.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's a long season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown gets canned if the Lakers don't get to the finals.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Any news on Steve Nash and his ankle

15. trowa

trowa Member

lakers have approved to let nash to play on a wheelchair and be a spot up shooter like what he is doing in the princeton offense

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

First it was the preseason game against Sacramento that Nash hurt his ankle and now he hurts it again against Portland.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Veterans who have been there and done that don't give a **** about the beginning of the season. It's a marathon and guys know they have to conserve energy for May. The spurs were notorious slow starters for the past decade.. but no one inside the organization made the doomsday Tony p or Manu trade.

Think of me. When a beautiful girl walks by me and brushes my shirt, I don't wet myself with hyper enthusiasm. I ease into it cuz I'm a vet and a bonafide playa. I want to make sure she's not crazy incase of a pregnancy, since I'm way too smooth to wrap it up. The amateurs, they don't have that option. They jump around, flail their arms, try to intimidate and prematurely Jerry buss before she can change her mind or file a restraining order.

Don't act like it hasn't happened before.

Plus, vets also tend to be richer and therefore have more hobbies and fancy dress parties to attend in the offseason. I don't know of you've had entire meals of cheesecake and caviar, but they make their mark.

1 person likes this.
  18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Never doubt Phoenix's medical staff.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm truly enjoying reading the LakersGround.net forum today. Among the topics being discussed:

* Are we too old?
    * Do you think we'll even make the playoffs?
    * Can we get Phil Jackson back as coach?
    * Can we get Jerry Sloan as coach?
    * Can we AT LEAST fire Mike Brown?
    * I know! Let's bring Pau and Metta in off the bench!
    * The Princeton offense is killing Steve Nash!
    * The solution to our problems: Delonte West!
    * Think Houston still wants Pau?

etc.

Sure, it's early and they can't really be THIS bad, but it's a great time to be a Laker-hater. :grin:

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

This time it's the South African's SHIN, not his ankle. :eek: