1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by trowa, Oct 31, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tomjanovich vs morey
    Damn

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Lol @ the Lakers analytics team

honestly though I am actually interested in the lakers this season for 3 reasons:

1)Russell, Clarkson and Randle -- their young guys are all intriguing to me and seeing them develop much like the Bucks and Wolves young guys will be fun to watch
    2)The cluster**** that will happen when Kobe, Young and Lou Williams all realize there is still only one ball to be played with
    3) Metta World Peace - one can only pray he actually sees playing time

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't know Rudy T was into analytics. And his boy Trey... I remember him being a ball boy with the Rockets. Or was it him?

4. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7nRYAsr7ALg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kobe Bryant: 'I'm Barely Standing Up' <a href="https://t.co/GhwrbzjTwA">https://t.co/GhwrbzjTwA</a> <a href="https://t.co/4RfFU2CLut">pic.twitter.com/4RfFU2CLut</a></p>&mdash; SLAM Magazine (@SLAMonline) <a href="https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/666273306987724800">November 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Is nance jr any good? If he going to be better than his dad?

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It's kinda sad really...I know I know...it's Kobe we all hate him, but it is rather sad to see age and injury taking away a NBA legend like that. Next up is Lebron?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tim Duncan is older.

He seems fine and his team is a contender.

What's the difference?

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

1. Duncan was blessed to have never suffered a significant injury
    2. Duncan doesn't rely much on athletic abilities
    3. Popvich

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Popovich takes care of TD's health since day 1, dude should've been a center like Dwight but Pops made him a PF and gets random tough guys to take the beating at C, he gives them off days, rest as much as possible, doesn't sweat normal games etc. In contrast, Kobe is well known as a practice freak, it made him extremely good in the short run but long term all the stress in practice probably destroyed his legs. It's the kind of thing you don't feel until the damage to the cartilage and bones has been done.

11. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

To be fair, Duncan played power forward during what was probably the greatest stretch of WC power forward talent in NBA history.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One of the reasons I admire him so much. Same with the Dream and the center talent he had to play against. Good point.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kobe would listen to Popovich and not shoot 30 times a game?

He'd be happy not being the leading scorer on the team?

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saw him in college a couple of times. Nowhere near as good as his father.

15. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/pbu7" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 50%; height: 50%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Ego: Duncan doesn't bristle at reduced minutes while Kobe has basically checked himself back into games whenever he wanted to.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

This.. Kobe is one of those stars that can not handle/understand he is just nog good anymore.

Also BBIQ, Kobe only knew heroball, he never learned to play in a team. Even when Shaq was there he still tried to win games alone (last year of Shaq).

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

The only reason Kobe is still playing is to score as many points as possible to prevent lebron to break all his points scored records. Of cause all these are on the expense of the Lakers team success.

19. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Dwight was really a baller when he first came into the league. He was a very dominant player. But now, he's just a clown. He's a big kid that has missed his calling to be in the circus. He's really good with kids and like to make them laugh. He's not the same player that we've all become accustomed to over the years. This may not be the most popular position to take at this time, but houston would be better off trading him or getting something for him and look at developing their young big guy Clint Capela. The injuries and everything else that Dwight H. has, you can pretty much stick a fork in him because he's done.

1 person likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

The banging doesnt have anything to do with talent, in fact the more talented your opponent is probably the less contact you will get, for example KG and Dirk will shoot Js over you while Pachulia will bang with you beause he's too slow to keep up. Pops had euro enforcers like Nesterovic taking the contact TD would have received, in contrast to Shaq and Dwight who would alway get hacked and banged by B- players like Kendrick Perkins and Jason Collins.