1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers v. Kings in the first round

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CLFranchise, Apr 5, 2003.

1. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Since the Lakers beat the Grizzlies, and the Jazz lost to the Knicks in OT, the Lakers are now in the 6th seed and will play the Spurs or Mavs, whoever ends up #3.

I am really hoping that the Jazz take back #6 and the Lakers get back to the 7th seed, so we'll get to see the Lakers v. Kings in the first round.

Is there really any better way to start off the playoffs that watching the Lakers and Kings going at it? Its time for both teams to back up all the smack talking thats been going on. Actually, only the Lakers need to back up the trash talk. The Kings just need to be focused, quit whining to the refs and play.

Anyone else thing that the Lakers v. Kings is the first round would be the most entertaining first round matchup?

2. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

As bad as the Lakers have played during the season this year, I still think only Sac or SA can take them out. I would LOVE for it to be in the first round. If they get Dallas I think they(LA) will beat them bad...like 4-0 or 4-1 bad.

3. Fatty FatBastard

Does it matter? Laker's best chance of getting out of the first round is facing the Mav's. Either way, the Jazz are doing their swan song.

4. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

WTF? We backed up our trash talk by punking their ass in the WCF last year. The only team that needs to back up their trash talk is the Kings. They talk a big game like they are our rivals or something, however getting your ass run everytime you meet a team in the playoffs does not qualify as a rival.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lakers won, no doubt. But, running their asses everytime? Sorry. Kings could have easily been 2002 Champs. It was an extremely close series. Plus, the Lakers are the ones who have escalated the situation with their smack. Now, they just have to back up their $hit.

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Did it not go 7 games? I hardly consider that punking a team, the lakers punked the nets they squeaked past the kings

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Talk about homers. :rolleyes:

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Lakers are pulling a first round upset this year. Whoever faces them in the playoffs is going home early....write it down...

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

it's usually the Lakers talking about the Kings, not vice versa.

And needing the refs to squeek by a team in the playoffs is the farthest thing removed from "punked". Hell, having to go to 7 games itself shows there was no punking.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd like to see Utah retake the 6th seed, but LA has a pretty easy schedule to finish the season and Utah has a really tough one.

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

It must suck for the top two teams (Sac. and Dallas/SA) teams knowing that you will play either the Rockets in the first round....or the Lakers.

Yeah, the Rockets put fear in the minds of everyone else in the league.

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Dallas is quaking in their sneakers...If the Rockets make the playoffs, they might beat Houston by LESS than 20 points in one of the games!

13. Asian Sensation

If Rockets do make the playoffs and face the Mavs i'd bet on them taking it to 6 games. And out of the Spurs, Mavs and Kings I think we can all agree Mavs are the opponent of choice.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually we had more problems playing the Mavs than the Lakers and the Kings. I think we just don't match up well against Dallas' running and gunning style.

The Lakers, on the other hand, would love to have Dallas in the first round. That's their best bet playing against one of the top 3 teams. Let's hope that they don't get past Portland and/or Minny. The best chance of defeating the Lakers is in the first round. If they get past the first round, they'll have enough momentum to run over any team on the way to the Finals.

15. Asian Sensation

As much trouble as we had with the Mavs run and gun style offense in the regular season I still have a gut feeling that we could shock the Mavs in the first round. Anyhow, I just want to see Steve Francis shine in the playoffs. This could be the perfect oppurtunity where Stevie explodes and really makes a big name for himself and turns into a legit superstar.

I can see it already.....Rockets take a game and come home to a sold out crowd that finally goes crazy.

16. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...... I am sorry, in order to be one's rival you actually have to beat that team in something meaningful. Lakers were not the one's who escalated the situation, it all started with the King's whining and crying after last year's WCF.

Coming from a Yao Ming fan? Hmmmmmm...........naw too easy. :p

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dude is a homer, and the refs screwed Sac town, but the Lakers are in the Kings' heads. I think the only team that can take down the Lakers is the Spurs.

18. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

The Lakers "punked" Sac in the playoffs last year the way the Rockets "punked" the Clipps in March.