1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers trading young players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bevo202, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Tell them they can have ariza and Anderson for Kuzma :D:D

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One can dream!!

Stuck with him then, lol

amaru likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's really what the situation probably is...i mean, last summer we know Morey tried to make something happen for like two months and he wasn't able to find a decent deal. We also know that there were 3/4 teams interested, but the fact that the Knicks were not happy with what they were getting back from those teams yeah, i guess they were probably offering smaller but still bad contracts, like Leuer/Smith (Detroit), Delly/Snell or Teletovic (Milwaukee), Leonard/Harkless or Turner (Portland)...i mean, every package is a pile of trash, can't even blame the Knicks and that says it all.

4. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Neither can shoot the 3.

Randle is the better player of the 2 since he has offensive skills, but he doesn't fito ur system.

Nance is a defensive guy, so I think (even though he can't shoot) he has more value on our team. Also he rebounds and plays above the rim and looks like he's a good roller (the PF version of Capela?) I think he'd be good in the 2nd unit rolling from Harden/CP3 pick and rolls. We have such a 1 dimensional offense if Capela isn't there for easy dunks (3pt and nothing else or Harden/CP3 drive), so adding Nance would make a huge difference in our offense simply for the Capela style offensive opportunities he brings n the P&R.

How do the financials work? It's would be easy to trade for Nance IF we were to keep Anderson. If we're trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, then I don't know how we get Nance AND rid ourselves of Ryno.

Tarik Black is a Lakers favourite. Let's just trade them straight up? Might need to throw in a 2nd rounder or Qi.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If they can't shoot , Mike will no play . It Doesn't matter how good they are in other aspects . Unless we are ravaged by injuries , MDA is not going to play a non-shooter anywhere but the 5 ( and even then he prefers going small unless the 5 is REALLY good)

I'd be super down for some more athleticism , but our whole scheme relies on shooting , so it's just not a fit .

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Nance is an ugprade to Black and if you replace Ryno with Randle, we'll get a lot of toughness defensively but neither can shoot the 3 reliably, although, they do take some 3s on the Lakers (worst 3pt shooting team).

I would only take one of them and they'd be replacing Black, not Ryno. So I'd probably take Nance since he plays above the rim and would be a lob target for cp3.

Nothing will likely happen. We're over the cap and Morey will be trying to shed salary so we don't have to pay repeaters next year. Also, Lakers are trying to free up space as well so they can sign FAs next off-season.

We're probably better off trying to trade for Mirotic when his trade restrictions expire on the 14th.

#26 RocketsFido, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets, finally branded big ballers :eek::eek::eek:

8. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

corey "billy goat" brewer

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

IF only to hear Mr. Thomas say 'Fraaaaaaaannnnnkenberry for 3 for 3 for 3 for 3'

10. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

As I said, Nance is the PF version of Capela.
    Sure he can't shoot, but guess what? Capela can't shoot either.

Coming off the bench for only 15- 20 minutes per game to take on the sort of role that Capela has seems realistic for MDA.

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

LOL come on man. You really think Morey can get Nance for Tarik Black? They're looking to attach young players to get rid of bad contacts or picks, not give away productive young players for inferior ones.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I wouldn't play Nance over healthy Nene at the center spot . I might play him over black ... Black is a stronger rebounder and might find his form and chemistry on D and O .

Nance can't play the "4" for us unless we have Anderson at the "5"

Mike plays 4 "shooters" at all times .

13. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Randle is the guy I want. He runs the floor, can score and plays defense the guy just hustles

14. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

MDA plays PJ at Center pretty often. So Nance can play with PJ at Center or Ryno at Center.
    It would be a great rotation in those small ball games where Capela does not get many minutes (eg. against GSW). There have been a few game here and there where traditional centers like Capela and Nene just can't get minutes because they can't defend the smalls. Now Nance can have the sort of offensive impact as Capela in the P&R, but defend the small ball bigs (aka. wings).

Good point, that is a tough sell.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Nance for Uncle Bobby, final offer

16. Mr. Space City

gonna have to throw in kuzma to get the successor to the black mamba.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

*ell naw to the naw naw naw *ell to the naw.

Torn n Frayed likes this.