1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers trade Larry Nance/Clarkson to Cavs for Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Do the Cavs move TT now?

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We don’t get Lebron if we don’t have CP3. If we did have to choose I would stick with CP3.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nope

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well Cleveland will have their new favorite son once LeBron leaves. ;)

Plowman and Rox11 like this.
  5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

so LAL have enough to offer Bron and CP3 max? i hope we go deep this year...

6. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you. This is a win for the Lakers. They have wanted to move Nance and Clarkson for months.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm pretty sure CP3 knows that Harden is about to surpass Lebron when it comes to prime years.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's made LeBron to the Lakers a far more realistic possibility. At least as far as the money is concerned. But I'm not gonna freak out when we're sitting here with a 40-13 record and a team that has only the Warriors standing between them and a title.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm sure PG will be in LA before Lebron.

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

LeBron pg13 cp3 n mello. It's possible. I been telling people on this board people laughed at me like why would LeBron wanna go there. Ahhh duh it wouldn't de what they have now that's why. They could n did. Make alot of cap space. If morey hell the heat when he was there sis so can other teams. U just wait to cash ur chips in at the right time

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

Edited.

12. count_dough-ku

CP3 is not leaving here to go to the Lakers. The Lakers will be targeting LeBron and Paul George this summer.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  13. sew

sew Member

IT went from having an MVP season to backing up Lonzo Ball in one year. RIP

Rocket River likes this.
  14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Not bad for Gilbert, basically trusting the build instead of lebounce

15. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Holy cow. I like Nance. I like Clarkson. And despite those two things, I'm mind-boggled that with how fiercely everyone is clutching their picks, the Cavs let theirs go to cut bait with Isaiah for two guys who are definitely not starters for any good team.

This does not change the Lebron situation so they're really just giving up a draft pick to preload their upcoming lottery team with decent lottery team players from a lottery team people actually enjoy watching. Which might be better than flailing about trying to save this team with Kemba Walkers or Deandre Jordans, but still, ouch.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can clear up all the cap space you want. doesn't mean much. NY did the same thing and people wanted to act like Lebron and co would all go there. what happened. they ended up with guys like noah

17. count_dough-ku

The Lakers don't have that much cap space. They can get LeBron and George and maybe another decent free agent. They are not getting 3 superstars and one aging star who would have to opt out of a guaranteed 28 mil salary with OKC.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would CP3 agree to go BACK to LA, and join a worse situation than what he's in right now?? This fear that CP3 is going to leave is completely baseless. We're 40-13, he looks like he's having the time of his life, him and Harden CLEARLY have phenomenal chemistry together, and the Rockets have the best PG-friendly coach in NBA history. HE'S NOT LEAVING.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Meh... probably thinking that “it ain’t really that tough”.... to be traded...
    Again!!!!!

20. BleedsRocketRed

LOL at the fact that now IT wont get his video tribute in Boston until the 2018-2019 season hahahahahaha
    I think he was supposed to have it this coming Sunday when Cleveland goes to Boston.