1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers sign Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 23, 2019.

1. jowman

jowman Member

Coulda signed him and traded capela for love. Would inprove our 3 issues of defense, rebounding and big depth as well as add a legitimate post scorer and 3 point shooter

slickricky likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just can’t see Harden welcoming him back, regardless of the positives

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We are just going to have to admit that maybe too it has to do with team culture.

Say what you want about Lebron but if you play with Lebron it is understood you are going to do a few things...you are going to play hard and you are going to play defense and you are going to perform your role. He even got the best out of JR Smith, got Chris Bosh to play the role of a role player, made Wade and Kyrie 2nd fiddle to him, he's a commander.

I think even if we get Dwight we'd probably get bad Dwight.

Yeah, that's all thats ever really asked of Dwight but his past few stops he wanted to do more.

When you play with Lebron your role is always understood. I mean it is crazy that Chris Bosh was this super talented KAT like player, goes to the Heat, and just takes open jumpers and play defense when playing with Lebron.

That is one thing I respect about Bron, he is a leader, if he did choose to play with CP3 and Harden that time no doubt in my mind Harden would be playing the best defense of his life.

roslolian, da_juice, Ronkol and 3 others like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

One thing if we had CP3 on this team or Lebron. Dwight would never listen to D'antoni or James.

5. SemisolidSnake

Does Dwight even have bone-on-bone left in his knees or is it marrow-on-marrow at this point?

6. jowman

jowman Member

Dwight was desperate he would’ve been grateful for the shot to play on a contender.

He’s doing his best to fix his image I think he would’ve been mature and played within his role if he came to Houston.

Plus dude is a 3 time DPOY winner, you don’t get that if you don’t have a winners mentality somewhere deep within you

But we’ll never know now

7. gotsis

gotsis Member

The big difference for me is that for Dwight it's "just" a mental switch to stick to his role. He stills has the physical skills to to that really well.

Melo, on the other hand, even if he adapts, can't stay in front of any NBA level player anymore. His decline is also about physical deficiencies.

da_juice, daywalker02 and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Victorious

Victorious Member

Difference is Dwight finally accepted his role. Had to be humbling going from biggest FA in the crop to a new team every year

Hakeemtheking and da_juice like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only thing Dwight needed to change was stop insisting the offense featuring him in the low post. You think that should be easy to do. But he kept refusing to make that change.

After bouncing around a few teams, apparently he has finally come to his senses. Or maybe Melo's fate scared him to his senses.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dwight would have been great for us if he would have had this attitude when he was here. Probably would have won a championship by now and still getting his Max dollars.

da_juice and Jontro like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess even Dwight understood this really was his last chance, he's about to turn 34 in a month, bounced around bad teams for two years...i think he was basically out of the league at this point, couldn't burn this opportunity so, not shocking he's making it work without drama.

13. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but when I look at him at LAL, I can't help but wonder how much squandered talent we are looking at with Dwight.

The mental part is just as important as the body.. it's a cliche, we all know it, but this is a prime example.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Superman

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps health is playing a factor as well. He has been injured a lot the last several years.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Welp Dwight in the dunk contest is going to be corny af. not exactly good news

clutchdabear and xaos like this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

Massive eyeroll

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Man y'all are just a bunch of haters. He was by far the nicest athlete to the fans when he was here.

jcf, xaos, daywalker02 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed. Fan-first pro.

And if someone like Luka smiles on the bench -- MVP. Dwight smiles on the bench -- lack of focus.

Also, he lost a lot of weight, he can actually GET UP now.