1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers run a play, and Harden ignores it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Apache

Apache Member

Kevin play better defense than harden

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So much for renewed focus on the defensive end from Harden. Sadly, I don't expect him to ever be a good defender. He doesn't seem to care enough.

3. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Can't stop staring at this.

4. Mariachi ROCKET

WoW. No awareness at all

Must he due to a low BB IQ????

5. coffeelover665

At least Kobe played defense when he was able to

6. Nook

Nook Member

No he didn't. He was constantly free lancing and out of position. He has been a poor defender for a long time. It used to drive Phil Jackson crazy and was part of the reason Derek Fisher got so many minutes.

7. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Should have given him a chair, a swivel chair.

1 person likes this.
  8. WNBA

WNBA Member

can be a popular referee with that beard.

9. choujie

choujie Member

And so much for Harden being a top 5 player in NBA. Nobody should be in top 10 if he doesn't at least try to play defense.

10. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I'm afraid we are going to learn the same lesson as the Texans did this year:

nobody is going to give you a win because you look better on paper.

That's how it feels to me. Just sayin.

11. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Harden had a number of strong plays last night, hounding his man one on one, jumping into the passing lanes to get a deflection or steal, jumping at the rim to get a block. Half the time I was cheering on his excellent defense.

But "half the time" doesn't cut it. Too often he checks out, like in this play. Great gif though. I'm going to use it to remind my players of a line we say all the time at practice: "the point of being on the court isn't so that you can get a better view of the game."

Still waay early in the season though. At this rate we are soon going to half of ClutchFans out on the disabled list due to hyperactive deep tendon reflex (excessive knee jerk).

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That play was atrocious.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He had a block where he passed it to himself. Couple of other times he played tight D and looks like joe dumars.

This is the real issue. He takes plays off especially on defense.

For harden this is about 'the show' and right now even against the lakers at home, kobe isnt there and is this is more of a walk through game to him. A penciled W.

So its human nature and harden will be fine. He is actually pretty decent defender when he tries like he did in spurts last night.

This is 100% about the marathon of 82 games and harden giving a half ass effort. Its not totally cool either but he and you know its not the end of the world either and just one game.

When you see him beast in playoffs you wont give 2 shi**ts about this game or this play. He knows that too. Sorry this just wasnt a big enough moment and game for him. I m not totally cool with it but I get it. I understand. its called human nature and the dude is blessed in terms of his hoops attributes. Its like not even close. Dude is another stratosphere.

Yeah he did get burned by blake outright too but if hes playing tight on someone these guys are all NBA ..its not like blake it me out there. Especially when harden is excpecting a bit of help defense. Even then people get burned all the time. This is about caring or not in game 5 of 82.

14. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

True story. Harden did the same thing on last season.
    And Sefolosha got his career high.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EBnhyCGYHEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Same **** in the Clippers game :rolleyes:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NIyiEc1741s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. davek

davek Member

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

/thread.

18. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

[​IMG]

No way we are going to win a game with this kind of D.

19. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

maybe he's slightly narcoleptics; i mean, it did look like he nodded a little. this serious stuff - ain't joking matter.