1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers--Refs Conspiracy put to death tonight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RunninRaven, Jun 7, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

As much as Iverson was getting held by Lue, literally almost EVERY play, every time he tried ot get open, every time he made a cut....I would venture to guess that the few calls Philly DID get were deserved.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I was yelling and screaming at this call. HELLO.....this is a blatant travel. I mean, if it's a close call, I would not have minded. But he slid with the ball like 6 feet.

The commentator said, as they were going to break,"Fox, close to a travel, but he gets the time out."

Yeah.....OK

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Desert Scarvajal -- You can't just talk about the calls that didn't involve Shaq. Shaq gets the ball almost every time down. Any time the Defensive Player of the Year gets in foul trouble, there's a problem. A little more respect, please.

4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Again, Phily was <i/> trying [/i] to foul Shaq. It was a darned good strategy that worked. Surely you have noticed how many purposefull fouls he takes, not just in the last game but throughout the last couple of playoffs.

If you think the calls Shaq got that appeared to favor him had a greater impact on the outcome of the game than other calls that appeared to favor the 6ers, I don't think you were actually watching the game the other night. Especially considering it was the road underdog team that benifited from most of the close calls, the only conspiracy that could be promoted is that NBA wanted extra finals games by all means neccesary. If the NBA had a conspiracy to have the Laker's win, <i/> the last thing [/i] they would do would be send Shaq to the line.

I don't really believe that conspiracy. The way I saw was that both teams had a chance to win in a great game, Kobe sucked all over the court, Phily persavered, end of story.

BTW-who is scarvajal, that is weird moniker.

[This message has been edited by Desert Scar (edited June 08, 2001).]

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Most of the time Shaq simply out quicked the Phily guys to the ball or the spot. If you get there first, you get the call. Further, Phily, like most NBA opponents, was <i/> trying to foul Shaq [/i] (except when Dikembe wa sin there with 5). It was a very effective strategy, and a chief reason why they won the game.

Look at all the other calls/no calls that didn't involve Shaq that went the 6ers way (plenty of exampels throughout this thread). Not saying it was intentional, but the 6ers had a very good "ref day", especially considering they were playing on the road against the favorites. In fact, the 6ers have had a great "ref playoffs", but they have also been extremely gritty. The other teams (Milw, Tor and Lakers the other night), had good chances to win, Phily out gutted them each time. That is the story.

[This message has been edited by Desert Scar (edited June 08, 2001).]