1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers pursuing trade for DeMarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

Seems like Boogie - Karl relationship is beyond repairable, but the best part is Vivek states he's not trading Boogie. Nor it looks like he's gonna fire Karl. Stupid owner gonna stupid. Nuclear season in 3, 2, 1....

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Loyalty was a big deal in the 90's but I'm not sure it is still today, I mean everybody has wizened up the Celtics traded KG and Pierce away for assets and no one is exactly booing them nowadays. Everyone understands this is a business and in the case of Dwight he signed a 3 year contract instead of 5 also because it was a business decision on his part as well. Cavs had to pay Wiggins just to get Kevin Love but if he says he wants to go to LA in FA do you think LA will turn him down?

But this is all besides the point I don't think Sac will bite on a boogie dwight trade simply because Dwight is injury prone and is looking to chase championships, if Sac is stupid enough to trade for him then Dwight will opt out and sign with another team once his contract is up. Unless Sac is totally dumb they would be better of trying to get Randle and the 2nd or maybe try to get Drummond/Vucevic/Noels+lottery pick for Cousins.

3. bberge

bberge Member

If Ranadive intends to hold onto boogie, he will need to do something to placate him. Article also says kings are independently interested in trading the 6 for help. IIRC, TJones and boogie are close. How about TJones, kpap, 18, and 32 for 6 and Carl Landry (who's basically a bad contract for them)? Then we pick up mudiay at six (defensive destroyer next to harden).

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll have to give Codman props. He was talking about the irreparable relationship between Boogie and Karl, a couple weeks back. Looks like it's coming to a head.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Anybody other than Harden. Let's do it!

6. Fantasma Negro

What type of **** is this? There are people on this planet stupid enough to make a trade like this? If I'm the owner Karl is getting fired for this ****, today. You don't trade a franchise player in their prime no matter how much you hate his attitude. Boogie shouldn't have signed that extention. If this is going to go down Morey should creep in and get Macklemore. George Karl is a moron

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Why would the Lakers trade for Cousins when they have the ultimate superstar in Kobe?

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So if Lakers trade for Boogie would they also have the cap space to make a competitive offer to Love? Lakers are so fortunate if boogie is gifted to them.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't Garnett waive his no-trade clause to go to Brooklyn with Pierce? At the time, the Nets were poised to contend more than the Celtics. Boston didn't trade them out-of-the-blue.

10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Sacramento has always been stupid when it came to making trades. The Kevin Martin trade. The Rudy Gay trade. Every other trade they've ever made.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

Well boogie loves in northern cali, southern Cali is somewhere of course he would want to go...(wayyyyy better than inland sac) So at this point if he requests to go to the lakers it's pretty much a wrap, since they are already putting him in a awkward situation.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just what the **** is going on in Denver & Sacramento?

dys·func·tion
    disˈfəNG(k)SH(ə)n/
    Sacramento Kings
    The Sacramento Kings are dysfunctional.

Overlooked in this Cousins situation, via Woj.:

Trade Cousins? Trade Gay? Sign Rondo?

WHAT.THE.****?

Congratulations Vivek Ranadivé! You are no better than the Maloofs. This is your mess.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Last place the Kings want to deal Boogie to is a division rival like the Lakers. I would think this happens on draft day, teams want to deal and I would look to trade him to the EC if I were Divac.

14. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Sacramento was bad before...but now I see them as a complete circus.

I feel bad for Boogie.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">League source tells Orlando Sentinel that Magic are not part of proposed 3-way trade that includes Nik Vucevic, contrary to ESPN's report.</p>&mdash; Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/status/613349667569537024">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I would love Charlotte to go after him,but im bias. lol

Kemba Walker+Al Jefferson(Expiring Contract)+ 9th Pick for Cousins.

deep down tho I feel all of this is just a smokescreen or their is alot of issues between The Owner+GM+Players+Coach

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Morey needs to jump on this, I'd give up anything except Harden and Howard and for Cousins.

How stupid would the Kings be to help the Lakers come back from the cellar?:mad:

18. Airdough

Airdough Member

At least one team is smart. Orlando is one good draft away from getting into the mix in the East.

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

If Boogie goes to the Lakers, Divac is the Manchurian Candidate.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

More shopping from the kings:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Kings shopping Rudy Gay, trying to create cap space to sign Rajon Rondo <a href="http://t.co/odoadTyfAs">http://t.co/odoadTyfAs</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/613354343249506304">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>