1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers players seen at 4 seasons downtown valet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tanlogic, May 7, 2009.

1. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I sure hope the players realized they could unplug the phone. LOL

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

okay I'm not sure about other posters but comments like these are inappriate and shouldn't be a part of basketball discussion.

the dude was aquitted of sexual assault charges.
    if he were found guilty, he'd be a sex offender.

but he didn't so he's not.

have some class, and that goes for this whole thread.

besides TMZ, I didn't hear of anyone harassing any Rockets while they were in LA

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Play it smart - work out whats within the laws and exploit every loophole available.

I mean, Jesus, OJ got away with murder.

And more recently, Kobe got away with throwing 'bows at Ron and Shane.

NOW GET IN THERRRRRRE

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Shane Battier got mugged.

5. clippy

clippy Member

He wasn't acquitted. His legal team dragged the girl's reputation through the mud by fabricating stories to the media. They then "settled" for an undisclosed amount.

Kobe may not have been found guilty; only he and the girl really know what happened that night. However, you can read the public records and talk with sources more in the know. I have, and it's pretty damning for him. At worst, he's a filthy rapist; at best he's a scumbag liar. Either way, I wish him only the worst. I wish the Houston crowd would chant "rapist" but they are probably too classy for that.

6. across110thstreet

probably. either way the charges were dropped.

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He was not aquitted. He settled and paid the girl off. Look it up.

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

part of me would be very worried about kharma....

if any of our fans were to do something stupid to the lakers, something that could draw negative publicity to our team or players.

stay classy houston!

9. RHostetler82

RHostetler82 Member

I was a big fan of bringing out the double AA batteries when Beltran came back to houston, but since fisher's not playing... we'll have to save them for game 4 I suppose. :)

10. acjeitherocket

where my fellow red rowdies at????

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't think AAAA batteries exist. :eek:

What is it with you and letters today? :p

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

FYI, all NBA players stay at the Four Seasons downtown. After their contract runs out I believe Hilton Americas will be taking over that one.

13. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

Just b/c someone's acquitted doesn't mean they didn't do the crime. Most likely he offered her enough money to forget about it.

There's a reason we make sexual offenders register themselves.

14. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Have we stooped this low as fans.... to have to resort to this type of crap? Do we not have the confidence that we can beat the Lakers without harassing their players at their temporary residence?

15. Vivid

Vivid Member

Yeah but that's a big difference. You said he was acquitted and not found guilty. That is different from a dropped charge. Settlements don't mean innocence, it just means one guy has the money and power to shut the other person up. Her name and sexual history were made public and she refused to testify. That was a travesty and a failure on the court's part. Under MPC 2.13.6 that girl was protected against such treatment. Also, the settlement came before she was deposed... ummm do you think maybe something she might have said would be damning on a certain individual Michael Jackson also settled in 1993 before the child he "didn't" molest was going to testify.

I'm sorry if you aren't really trying to defend him. I think you are just trying to keep things clean and that is cool. However, you were wrong about the facts and when it comes to a potential 2nd degree conviction, I don't think that is cool. I guess I have heard so many people defend Kobe at that girl's expense and it makes me sick. I also think when you do that to your wife and family, regardless of his level of innocence, he has made himself open and available for any indictments on his character. I think that's what we all hate. We don't mind his talent (nobody here is hating Lebron) just his ugly character which permeates onto the court.

You are right, we should have class. We should all have class. We root for one of the classiest teams in the game. This team isn't about machismo or blatant bravado. This team isn't about gimmicky tactics and foul play. So we should be classy.

F*** the Fakers.

-V

16. across110thstreet

right, I didn't mean to cause a legal debate or get into legalese semantics, but I also said that if he were found guilty he'd be a sex offender, which he didn't, so you can't really say he is a "rapist"

whatever the surrounding circumstances, the case was dismissed, the charges were dropped, and that's the justice system for you. i agree that it was the courts fault as it is most of the time.

but I also believed kobe that it was consensual.

and I happen to hate the man as a basketball player.

I wouldn't want some knucklehead in the crowd say something to Kobe about his family or this incident which would cause him to go off again for 40.

p.s. since Artest got ejected can he still claim no one has dropped 40 on him still? :D

17. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

well spoken. Unfortunately our legal system protects the wealthy.

18. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

If he had sex w/ her and she didn't want to have sex - he raped her. Therefore he is a rapist. How many 18 yr olds do you have to rape to be considered a rapist?

19. Vivid

Vivid Member

Agreed, there are so many "proven" things we can call him instead, no need to resort to alleged criminal conduct. Oh and on the 40 points thing, technically Battier is getting the majority of Kobe duty... so HELL YES ;)

-V

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hide your white teenage females!