1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers miss the NBA playoffs according to '18-19 NBA projections | The Jump

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeem94, Aug 4, 2018.

1. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

My predictions:

1. Warriors
    2. Rockets
    3. Jazz
    4. Thunder
    5. Spurs
    6. Portland
    Lakers/Pelicans/Nuggets/Timberwolves all fighting for 7 and 8

Last year 7 wins separated the 3rd seed from the 10th. This year is going to be crazy imo.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't care how many we win in the regular season honestly & I don't want the fatigue that comes with trying to wrestle the 1 seed from the Warriors. They are going to be so damn well rested on their way to 55-60 wins.

All I care about is whether we win 20+ of our last 25 games in the regular season and have home court over the Lakers. Count me in as one of the people who think the Lakers are going to be good, and Lebron will have an excellent season yet we will not see Lebron able to carry his team in the playoffs. IMO the top 4 seeds in the West will be better than any Eastern team Lebron has faced since he went back to Cleveland.

On the other hand, I think Ingram, Kuzma and Hart will flourish. I think those guys were going to be better without Lebron, and having Lebron makes their life a lot easier.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I know this is gonna be a shock to everyone, but LA Ramona has the Lakers beating the OVER of 48.5 wins.
    cc @Nook

4. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It would make me very happy to see Lebitch miss the playoffs and fade into obscurity.

5. BackdoorHarden

Lakers Vs Warriors on Christmas day.

NBA diss the Rockets. No Rockets game on Christmas, but you can watch the Knicks play

6. likestohypeguy

Right.

'Bron WILLS them to a finals. May not win it all, fine, but a leBron james led team, he done let his guys do what a lebron james led teme don do.

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Maybe not, the West is tough, but it's hard to imagine that a player who essentially always makes the NBA Finals doesn't get them into the playoffs. Is this Lakers team any less talented than other teams he's taken there?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is depending how the others sans GSW and Houston perform.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is probably the least talented team he's ever been on IMO.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looks like TNT gets their cake and eats it too. They have their Oct 16 opening night games, and then get the Lakers first game on Thursday on TNT.

I bet the Rockets get a Oct 17th ESPN game or a Oct 19th ESPN game.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

2003-2008 Cleveland Cavs, name one player that was equal to Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It so happened that they did not get their Co-Star next to the Brawn but it is an anomaly.

Normally they get what they want.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would take a young Carlos Boozer and a young Ilgauskas over Ingram and Kuzma, also the Cavs had a young Ricky Davis who was no slouch. I mean, we're not talking about a murderer's row here, but the Lakers have so very little talent it's easy to top. IMO Kuzma and Ingram are nothing but middling role players on a good team, but on the Lakers you have to point to them as the best they have outside of Lebron.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Carlos Boozer (who only played one year with a rookie LBJ. Who was also just in his 2nd year, himself) with Ilgauskus and Davis, that team went an astounding 17-65 (in a very weak Eastern Conference --early 2000). The Lakers were 35-47 (in an elite Western Conference, only losing Lopez and Randle, while gaining LBJ, Rondo, McGee, and Stephenson).

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Thanks for the info and analysis, Bobhorst.

[​IMG]

kevC likes this.
  18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have been pretty bad last 5 years. I don't even know why Bron went there. I guess he wants to get that Billion.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was talking about talent, not results. Again, I take all of those other players over the garbage that is on the Lakers next to Lebron.