1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers locker room drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 2, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but we are talking about greatness as a basketball player and not greatness as a financial asset.

If we are just talking about value, then MJ made the Bulls a household name across the globe and Yao Ming was financial value MVP, the Rockets increased in value from 85M when Alexander bought it to freaking 2.2B when he sold it in large part due to the Chinese audience Yao Ming brought in.

Being a good player is not enough, not when the gap isn't that wide anymore. If LBJ was in his Miami days ok, he can tamper with the roster and coaches all he wants. But this is old man Lebron, when his play started to decline is when his megalomaniacal tendencies increased. His stats may not have regressed due to softer NBA rules but Lebron clearly is no longer the 4x MVP in Miami. He isn't even the best player anymore, Giannis (best individual contributor) and especially Harden (best overall team impact) has him beat. Lebron needs to realize other people can do their jobs without him meddling.

If Lebron came to the Rox both Morey and MDA would be jobless right now and we'd have his boys as coach and GM giving players from his agency max deals. Harden might have to change his agency too and drop Addidas to pick up Nike otherwise Lebron would have him traded.

malakas likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just take the L like a good little b**** my guy, don't try to save yourself here.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol this is fking the chemistry pretty hard. what's the point of trying for the lakers if they packaging u in a trade package.

malakas likes this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

You accomplished nothing kid

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. hakeemthagreat

Such a great basketball mind you have there

RedRedemption likes this.
  7. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I agree Lebron does meddle too much, and he has always had conflicts (Tristan Thompson with a max contract?). Still, even now Lebron is the most important player in the NBA, based on a combination of playing skill and value to the league, with Curry second. It's easy to imagine Lebron telling Silver to change the rules to increase the success of postups and that it would add $ for the league, and Silver taking it seriously. It's hard to imagine Silver considering that argument from almost anyone else.

Lebron's current problem is that he picked LA not because he wanted to win, but because he wanted to come to LA. So now he is stuck messing with a team that doesn't have a good path forward unless there is collusion to force AD to LA. I find the collusion as distasteful as anybody.

D-rock, malakas and amaru like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

But again who gives a **** about value to the league? We're just talking about his wasted legacy as the GOAT and his current playing skill vs all the drama he causes.

If you take away his financial impact to the league then Lebron is no longer the best player in the NBA, I highly doubt if you switched him and Harden the Rox would have the same record, the Cavs last year weren't leading the league and he had KLove and role players like TT and Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.

Obv Lebron is still a max value player but he is no longer leagues above everyone else in fact I wouldnt put him top 1 anymore he is around top 3-5. But he still acts like he is tier S and leagues above everyone else, always meddling and insisting he has to have it his way. From a basketball competitiveness standpoint he is no longer worth it imho, of he came to the Rox for free I would be hesistant to take him cuz Harden migjt get forced out and demand a trade like Irving did.

Thats the kind of toxicity he causes now, you have to 100% pledge your allegiance to the King and kowtow to every demand he has otherwise there's gonna be a lot of passive agressive drama on the franchise.

Dude right now is trying to get the coach fired while egging the Lakers to trade all their building blocks for AD and he filled the team with knuckle heads like Rondo, Beasley, Javale and Lance Stephenson. Compare that to last season when everyone was happy and saying they will run through brick walls for Luke Walton and the future seemed bright with limitless possibilities. Their team is a huge mess and its all cuz of Lebron lol.

malakas likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Los Angeles Lakers forward Michael Beasley released a statement to Yahoo Sports on Tuesday that disputes the reported postgame incident he allegedly had with head coach Luke Walton after Saturday night’s loss to the Golden State Warriors.

It was reported by several outlets that Beasley engaged in a verbal confrontation with Walton about playing unselfishly and that the exchange fell just short of a physical altercation.

Beasley, in addressing the situation for the first time, denies it was such a heated incident.

“This past Saturday after the Warriors game, Coach Walton and our team had a conversation after a tough loss. Despite reports to the contrary, there was nothing physical between Coach Walton, me, or any other teammate,” Beasley said. “I’ve sat back in the past when stories have been twisted and misreported, but I won’t do that this time. I respect Luke and I respect this team. We are trying to win a championship together.”

It was also reported that center JaVale McGee was involved in a combative verbal exchange directed at Walton, but McGee told Yahoo Sports that was “fake news.”

The Lakers are 27-26 and 1.5 games back of the eighth and final playoff seed in the Western Conference standings.

The Indiana Pacers host the Lakers tonight.

With Thursday’s trade deadline approaching, it’s safe to say that multiple Lakers players are on edge.

D-rock, SLRokJok and Vivi like this.
  10. Sanity2disChaos

I love it. !

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL.
    Beasley: "We are trying to win a championship together."
    McGee: "Fake news."

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lol.

The whole teams hates Lebron.

When they don’t get AD at the deadline it’s going to be a **** show.

You signed up for it Lebron.

You could have been contending with the real king James and your bff cp3.

Have fun rotting in la not making the playoffs at all.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Lebron misses playoffs. Should have stayed in the East where it's safe, haters will always say that he's a p***y and can't cut it in the West, but that's all talk. He Ran over to the Lakers for glory, but he might ended up proving dem haters right if he misses playoffs.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Those three chairs are for Melo, Wade and Bosh... Too bad two are essentially retired and the last guy is ending his career after this season.

ghettocheeze and BigShasta like this.
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

Thats just embarrassing for Lebron and the team that they are behaving in public like that lol

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

the Lakers will make the playoffs
    and the clippers and jazz will fold!

Kcp gonna up his game just as soon as lonzo ball get back, rondo gonna ride the bench along with guitar man Stephenson.

18. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

Are we just going to ignore the Year of Kardashian? ;)

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Took me some time but Rondo decided to sit with the fans rather than Lebron

ghettocheeze and rockets1995 like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze, rockets1995 and D-rock like this.