1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers-Knicks Free Agency Splash?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ghettocheeze, Jul 1, 2015.

1. conquistador#11

some say, and when i say some i mean national media circle jerker, that the nba is better when NY and La are relevant. i kind of like it when they both suck. new blood.

2. Fantasma Negro

The knicks are that guy with the beat up pick up truck that drives through neighborhoods when they put trash out, looking for valuables. Instead of just picking up the trash and putting in his truck, he knocks on the door and pays the homeowner for his garbage

3. DMO (DJ remix)

Most funny thing is that both NY and LA getting nothing (except AA so far), and both of the teams don't even have next year 1st (top 3 protected for LA, still ).

4. supdudes

supdudes Member

This may actually be good for LAL. Let their young core develop and aim for FA in 2016 or trade for a PHI big later down the road. Adding an Aldridge still doesn't give them any post presence on either end.

IMO that 40+ mil cap space in 2016 would be better put into smaller chunks rather than going for someone like Westbrook. They can potentially have a lineup of VERY young solid NBA players.

Russel
    Clarkson
    Randle
    Ed Davis
    Tarik Black

Anthony Brown
    Robert Upshaw??
    (Players +40 mil can buy)

Not a bad situation if you are a seasoned Laker fan with some patience.

5. DMO (DJ remix)

They will need to pray that their young players become studs, because otherwise i really doubt they will attract anyone big, you can see same pattern this year.

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Clarkson is already playing point guard. I think Russel will play shooting guard.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not a bad core. Add Jordan Hill and a SF or 2 and you got a squad.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

russells strengths are at the pg position. he won't be playing sg much

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Knicks - what are the Knicks selling? Carmelo? Oh no, the triangle. Forcing the triangle on players. If you don't want to play the triangle, we don't want you!

Lakers, ha, even worse! They aren't even selling basketball. They're selling Hollywood.

1 person likes this.
  10. dram1

dram1 Member

The problem with the Knicks is that they are the Knicks which is synonomous with ineptitude, chaos, disarray, lazy players that just want to get paid, and terrible front office.

Lakers problem is they rib guys the wrong way with their arrogance. No L.A. not every star player wants to play there just to be in Hollywood. Some players actually care about basketball! Just look at how they supposedly presented themselves to LMA as an example. And then Kobe is still there stinking up the place with his own arrogance. "Yes you get to play with me...future HOF'er Kobe Bryant...that's it...you need no other reason to come here." So folks just respond with ..."screw that!":grin:

11. dram1

dram1 Member

"We will give you your own star on the walks of fame!!!"

And then there is this...player thinks to self..."Do I want to go to L.A., the land of the 1500 SQFT million dollar homes to live and buy me a home or take my money to Sugar Land?" (as an example)

12. malakas

malakas Member

This is the effect of two things. The 2011 cba that took away 5th year and raises from s+t and that players dont want to join teams with weak managment that has no way to win anymore. The money in the market are so much now that for most makes winningore priority than scoring some through commercials.

As another saud the most ironic is neither of them own their pick. Tanking is almost useless.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm loving this because most of the so called laker fans believe all star players would love to play for LA. glad they're getting a reality check.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I AGREE!
    Screw them . . . .and Boston too!!

Rocket River

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

haha embarassing

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Phil Jackson give me a call. I'll play for the <a href="https://twitter.com/nyknicks">@nyknicks</a>... Don't understand how dudes don't wanna play in the MECCA! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/confused?src=hash">#confused</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thegarden?src=hash">#thegarden</a></p>&mdash; al harrington (@cheddahcheese7) <a href="https://twitter.com/cheddahcheese7/status/616645000718254080">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Pro sports is one area where you can have a completely dysfunctional organization and as long as you're based in a big market, you never have to worry about bankruptcy or relocation.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No one wants to go to LA to play with Kobe.

No one wants to go to NY to play with Melo.

No one wants to go to Dallas.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Just so you know both knicks and lakers offered monroe the max and then when he turned them down started leaking they didnt. His agent came out and said they did. Wow
    must be so embarrased and trying to save face. :grin:

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Ed Davis has signed with the Trailblazers lol

20. malakas

malakas Member

Lakers all dleague and rookie team ftw. If they do max kanter it literally cant go more wrong. Well i supose it could kobe seeing pierce new contract and demanding new money until they get him anotherer ring.