1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers, Knicks Express Interest in Flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by torque, Feb 6, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Pretty crazy how after his rookie season, Indiana offered their #10 pick for Flynn. That pick turned out to be Paul George (though Kahn probably wouldn't have been smart enough to choose him.)

A little over a season later and Flynn's value has diminished into Balkman and Bibby. Maybe we should just play him and see if he can be worth a #10 pick again. :p

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am (almost) certainly the only one who believes teams will get a read on Lin and he will become IshII...and that at trading deadline '14 Flin not Lynn er Johnny not Jeremy will be lots hotter. And Rox'll have neither.

3. cod

cod Member

Dalembert struggles against 7 footers and isn't a space eater. The Rockets are still giving up too many easy layups.

4. alethios

alethios Member

Wouldn't they just be interested in his expiring contract? It's not like he's targeted for his basketball prowess.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wouldnt do a thing to help the Knicks - No way No How .... Flynn might not be a "Good PG" but .. It just wont take that much help for the Knicks to make the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference.
    As bad as they have been - with a sub .500 record , they are only a half game out of the 8 spot held by Miluakee and a half game ahead of #10 Cleveland.

8. Miluakee 10-14
    9. NY Knicks 10-15
    10.Cleveland 9-14

One of those three teams is going to end up with the #8 seed. No reason to help them make your pick less valuable.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dalembert just struggles with himself all the time......

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just hope he does that in private.

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

[​IMG]

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Flynn will make the New York pick more attractive with his playing there...:p

Plus if New York was to relinquish the protections placed on he pick, it would be even sweeter of a deal.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't think the Knicks want Flynn anymore after Lynn's scoring outbursts. That leaves the Lakers. If Morey can get a future first that would make me feel better about him giving away wins to the Knicks.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No way the Rockets gets anything valuable for Flynn. They'd be lucky not having to throw in a 2nd round pick to have someone take his salary off our hands.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

His contract expires after this season.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And this is the only reason why it doesn't cost the Rockets a 1st round pick to have someone take it off our hands.

Anyhow, my guess is Flynn is either sent out in a trade purely as salary balance in a bigger deal or simply waived after the trade deadline in order to make room for someone more useful (like a return of Jeff Adrien if he didn't find a new NBA team first). The Rockets not being above the tax-level, there is no reason to give away anything to get rid of Flynn or any of the 09 busts, they can just cut them and eat the salary to open up a roster spot. They are being held onto not because any of them has any value, but only as possible salary matching tools if a bigger salary trade is to be made (like the rumored Kaman deal).

14. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

I think the knicks would backout from this trade rumor they alreade have a backup in lin and dont forget davis is coming back from injury.

15. psingh34

psingh34 Member

ARE YOU KIDDING .. u have to kidding because if he wasnt in his last year .. you really think rockets would give up a first to get him .. when has anyone given up a first to trade a player? duuude make outrageous statements but atleast make some that make sense

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

public and more with his inner demons

17. comehere2

comehere2 Member

lakers games tickets? that will do it. if they ask nicely, give him for free.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I really think you and a lot of people in this forum are underestimating flynn. No he hasn't played well in his few appearance's on the floor but he still hasn't been given a legit chance to do anything. If he got a consistent 15-20 mins a game i think a lot of yall would change your minds quickly. Remember that he got injured - so there should of been rust from that on top of the rust from the lock out, traded to a new team with a new system/new everything - should be some confusion on the court his first 10 or so legit games, and on top that this is only his 2nd year in the nba. Thats a lot of ***** to be on such a young player. Really i think we should keep him and give him a chance.

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

His size and weight is a detriment. Flynn at his best is a backup, we will be eaten alive by bigger PGs. I'd take Metta back in a trade, we need toughness. I'd be surprised if Flynn, or Goran, both stay on after trade deadline. I'd be shocked if we have the same 3 PGs after the trade deadline.

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Id be content with a future 2nd round pick.