1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers, Knicks Express Interest in Flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by torque, Feb 6, 2012.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The Knicks Morey'd Morey

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Lakers/Knicks ****in with us right?

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who's Ron? Anyways he'd be the best 7.2 mil $ cheerleader ever.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Flynn and twill for artest and pick. Flynn sucks anyways so he won't help a team too much

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Did I say artest. My bad. I don't know what I was thinking :eek:

Flynn and cash for...... just take flynn!

6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Balkman is a 6' 6" PF? No way dude.
    Give me Fields.

7. valorita

valorita Member

neither team has anything we want

8. cod

cod Member

I'd go TE (Odom), $3M cash, and a future second round picks. Then use the extra room to sign Fesenko.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Give the Fakers Dragic for the Dallas pick. We're gonna lose him anyway.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

should we try and get troy murphy or no

11. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I'm not sure if NY would be willing to take Flynn in exchange of lifting the Top 5 protection, but one added bonus would be that it would allow us to trade our 2013 pick, if needed to. As of now, I believe we are not allowed to trade that pick because we don't have a guaranteed 1st round pick in 2012, and you can't trade back-to-back 1st-round picks. That would open up the possibilities for a larger tarde for a superstar.
    Please correct me if I'm worng about this.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd take a bag of Cheetos for flynn....

13. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I love this idea. Maybe we can pin him down while Scola farts in his mouth for the 09 incident, too. inventing new ways to torture Fisher would be awesome.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Flynn for Lin would be ok for me. Also while we're at it Dragic for the Dallas pick sounds really good. Lakers get their dynamic pg of the future to pair with Bynum and keep the international flavor going, and we get another possible lottery pick.

IF we somehow end up missing the playoffs and end up with 3 lottery picks, we can use them and get Gilchrist, Beal and Rivers or trade them all for Davis lol.

15. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

The lakers have nothing of interest besides the TE. Their pick from Dallas is top 20 protected.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ Better than nothing and can be used to give someone a trade sweetner (like NOLA wanted). Hill+TWill+Thabeet+Pick (from trading Flynn) = Kaman. Makes room for more DLeague players to come up and actually practice with the team and gives us a backup C on an expiring contract on those nights where Sammy wants to phone it in.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

sam_amick Sam Amick
    [rQUOTEr]Rox have been active & Flynn discussed, but unclear if they'll pull something off RT @---_------_---- Flynn trade on the horizon?[/rQUOTEr]

#77 J.R., Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  18. kjayp

I'd do this in a heartbeat... when i do that Chris Ford draft machine and we have no first round pick (cause we make the playoffs so oursgoes out and knicks end up in the top5).... scares the bejuzzuz outta me! LOL

but I guess worst case scenario, we can still have DMo comin in - which would be the equal to a mid first round...

19. kjayp

love this idea...

the 09ers are jus clogging the bench spots at this point... with liitle (JHill) to no (rest) return.... gives us 1 big expiring contract instead of multiple, gives us a legit bu c, room for Morris, Adrien...

20. cod

cod Member

Flynn was decent in his rookie season and in the limited minutes he's had for the Rockets he's shown he can run the pick n roll better than anyone else on the roster. I wouldn't take my chance on that pick if he's playing under Pringles system and running the PnR with Amare.