1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers fans reaction to Fisher-Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, May 7, 2009.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Hey guys, so I'm on this other forum where you can put a gif in your sig. And there are some guys who have put a gif of Fisher shoving Scola and they wrote under it "Yeah, thats what playoff showing a message in playoff basketball is" or "Don't mess with D-Fish".
    So I was so agravated with the fact that the same fans where angry that Garnett didn't get suspended this year for shoving one of the Blazers (was it the Blazers?) that I asked them what they thought of there sig and if they where proud of it! Here's there answers, beware of ignorance...

I thought I hated the Jazz fans... Wow

2. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

Odom was in Scola's face for half the game, then r****ded son Walton walked over and obviously said something over the line and Scola turned and said "What?"

Scola kept his cool pretty well.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol at some guys thinking it's okay to throw a block on a guy because he said something bad about poor Odom and Walton.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

half of the lakers fans don't know anything about basketball or they've just jumped on the bandwagon. to the guy that said "we beat them at what they do", since when has the rockets play dirty? there is a difference between playing dirty and playing tough. players resort to dirty tactics when they're not man enough to face their problems head on.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not saying Scola is a saint, but that seems out of character for Scola to continuously run his mouth like he's the Reggie Miller of power forwards.

Lamar Odom was probably trying to "send a message" in his own weird unfocused way, stuff he's done before, Scola spoke up for himself, D Fish knocks him to the floor... :confused:

6. Super Von

Super Von Member

They can be proud all they want.

Theyre the ones who look like the Utah Jazz.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I dont get why being labeled dirty is such a bad thing. Obviously I would love for the Rockets to get away with antics if they can get away with it like the Lakers can. If Derek Fisher doesnt get suspended for Game three. Then I am convinced this league is rigged.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

are you honestly.. under the impression that Scola just started to "continuously run his mouth" for no reason.. as an initiator.. or worse.. a goading encourager..?

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Honestly, what do you expect them to say on a LAKERS forum?

Maybe if you sat down with those fans 1on1 in a dark room and had an emotional chat about the meaning of life, you'll hear some humble words about what Fisher did

But anywhere else, all you'll see is a bunch of crap about "TOUGHNESS WOOT"

10. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

What Kobe and Fisher did isn't tough at all. You can play tough without throwing cheap shots, and that's what they did. Cheap shots are always a last resort when you're getting pushed around, and can't do anything back. They're soft....

As for Lamar Odom.... He's just playing physical and having a trash talking battle with Scola. I have no problem with that.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Those are hopefully the worst case posters. Did any acknowledge that foul was out of line? There are times when it sucks we have to follow the Righteous Rockets image and be as upstanding/classy a fanbase as we are.

Out of these last 8 teams, the Rockets are the only good guys of the bunch. We play by the rules, don't stoop to the thug levels of other teams, don't enjoy ref homerism, suffer from bad calls, and we'll be underdogs the whole post season. I don't see how the rest of the NBA teams out of the playoffs don't root for us.

12. BasketballReasons

Does anyone know what other fan's rank our dirtiness on a scale of 1 to 10?

How do they see us?

13. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

Scola wasn't saying anything to Odom. He was killing him on the floor.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Am I misunderstanding you? What are you talking about. The Lakers are dirty. the rockets are tough. Do not confuse the 2. Scola was defending himself. Fisher, odom, vuckbitch and Kobe were playing like dirty ass punks trying to act tough.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also...Scola doesn't even talk on the floor. He's always out there with his mouth open and the same look on his face, I was surprised to see him and Odom jawing at each other tbh.

It's hard to believe he(luis) started something.

16. nhr407

nhr407 Member

LA sucks!!! :mad:

17. lustdog

lustdog Member

Homos go to California for a reason.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

While it makes me mad and I hope he gets suspended, I think the board would be acting a bit differently if Aaron Brooks did something like that to Gasol or someone.

19. BasketballReasons

Never said it was on a Lakers forum...

20. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Luis doesn't seem like the talker, but it did look like he had some unflattering things to say when Pothead's Son stuck his nose where it didn't belong. I don't read lips, but I'm pretty sure Luis wasn't asking him where to go for dinner after the game.