1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers 2018- 19

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fantasma Negro, Sep 24, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pelinka is a snake. No wonder Kobe wanted to be called mamba.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

So embarrassing

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is that disrespect to the late Joker?

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I read that piece about the Lakers, and I was expecting Magic Johnson to be so much worse than what was described

He was a hard boss. Ok, and? That’s all the dirt y’all got on him? Really?

The spate of changes increased the workloads for several staff members -- and in one instance in 2017, a longtime female staffer was called into an office with Johnson and Pelinka after making a mistake, according to multiple staffers present and others familiar with the incident. The mistake, sources said, involved arranging a car service to the team's facility for a draft prospect.

"I don't stand for mistakes!" Johnson shouted at her. "I don't make mistakes."

Johnson also made clear, according to multiple people familiar with the exchange, that if the staffer made one more mistake, she would be fired.

In the office, the staffer apologized and later, off site, began to cry, according to multiple people with knowledge of the incident. In the months ahead, she would suffer increased anxiety and panic attacks. She was prescribed anti-anxiety medication, quit the Lakers after more than two decades with the team, and began several weeks of therapy, multiple people familiar with the matter said. She gave her notice on Dec. 18, 2017, the same day Kobe Bryant's two jerseys were retired.

I’m gonna need some expounding on this one because from where I’m sitting, it looks like you’re having a meltdown over something that happens every day in work places all across America...

Pelinka being a pathological liar was much worse...that Heath Ledger story is really embarassing

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

so 3 former nba head coaches. does any other team have 3? I know there's a number that have 2

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member