1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers’ D’Antoni melts down on reporter after loss to Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Egghead, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I'd be scared for my job too, Mike.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honestly love it when people post ridiculous unsupported opinions. Every now should know the questions I want answered. So Where's the facts??

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

McHale would do a lot better with the Lakers roster than D'antoni is man. D'antoni is a terrible coach.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think D'Antoni just got angry because he let the cat out of the bag.

Reporter is asking about defence, and suggesting they didn't practice at all. D'Antoni says "no, we worked for half an hour on it" --> then realized half an hour isn't much of a workout so got angry at the reporter instead....

5. arjun

arjun Member

i feel for kobe...but dwight deserves the worst.

i hope the lakers and heat NEVER win a ring as long as dwights on the lakers and lebron is on the heat.

actually i should rephrase...i hope dwight and lebron never win a/another ring no matter what team they are on

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I really understands why MDA went off there, and he has a lot of reasons to. The Lakers tonight were taking a lot of plays off offensively.

Even though Dwight Howard had his 19 points and 20 rebounds, his game was really inconsistent. There was a few plays where the Cavs was just doing layup drills with Howard under the basket. Dwight seem so disinterested on the defensive end. I don't think he had even a single block tonight.

As talented and gifted as Howard is, he doesn't have that same drive like the superstars does. There was a few plays where he didn't really try. On the pick and roll defense, Howard was letting Kyrie do whatever he wants. Dwight Howard is a 3x DPOY and he is not showing it lately. I'm so glad the Rockets didn't trade half our team to get Howard. Dwight has been terrible lately and doesn't have any motivation to play hard at all.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

MDA was just angry at the fact that even if they were practicing defense all day, the Lakers were not giving any effort on the defensive end. No one was helping out, or switching correctly, and instead, pointing fingers at each other.

There was a play where Dwight didn't give any effort and let the Cavs scored at a crucial moment and Kobe went off on Dwight, and Dwight started pointing his finger at Artest.. What a mess the Lakers are in right now.

It doesn't matter how much talent they have on that team or how many points Kobe scores. If they are not giving any type of effort at all, taking plays off and pointing fingers, they will never be successful.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

...did this dude really just say they worked a half hour on defense?

Did I hear that? I replayed it several times just to make sure...and the tone he said it was like "Hell yeah! We worked a whole half hour on it!"

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Working a half hour on defense is better than working a quarter of an hour on defense.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, apparently 81% of clutchfans agree with him.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=228974

You'd be surprised at how hateful for the Rockets from many(not all of course) Lin fans who would prefer to torpedo the Rockets future for the slight possibility of Linsanity 2.0. As well as the overall venom towards McHale for being a mediocre GM in Minnesota.

11. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Half an hour hahahahahahahahaha

12. Raven

Raven Member

As long as Kobe is a Laker, the only coach who's going to make it work is Phil.

13. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

The Lakers are never gonna have to tank. If they start to suck, the other teams will just bend over backwards to make them good again. That or they'll miraculously land a number 1 pick.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Stan Van Gundy

15. jlwee

jlwee Member

The lakers lost because Gasol is soft.... Wait, Gasol didn't played, so the fault now is Dwight didn't play defense and disinterested despite the fact Kobe guard nobody and never try to get his teammates involved.

I like the fact now Dwight is the scapegoat instead of Gasol. lol

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I feel like I was the only one who called it that Dantoni wouldn't do well with this team. If he doesn't have a dynamic PG to ride and structure his entire offense around he's lost. We saw this every time Nash was injured, we saw this when the Suns traded for Shaq, and we saw this with him in New York. He's a mediocre coach. Mike Woodson is no Pat Riley, all he did was coach basic fundamentals that Dantoni didn't and there's a huge change in that Knicks team.

Why would the Lakers hire such an obvious failure ?

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well he will have Nash so if he needs a dynamic PG to make his offense work then maybe it will turn out to be a solid hire when/if Nash gets healthy

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

The sad truth is their D is better than ours....

19. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

I disagree. He has the same drive as other superstars, but not if he has to play as a second fiddle to another player. It's one of the reasons why he was adamant in seeking a trade to the Nets and wasn't as interested in going to the Lakers.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We'll see.

I don't think Nash is dynamic any more.