1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laker Fans Ride the Short Bus...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Bullard4Life, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Jimmy (San diego): Is it just me or is it realistic that the lakers will win 53+ games this year. Odom at the 3 is unguardable and kobe always is. If Kwame can rebound and the new found defense the lake show will have with P.J back, how can they not go deep into the playoffs?

John Hollinger: Actually I think that's completely, totally unrealistic. Kwame would have to play better than he ever has, Odom would have to become as unguardable as you claim and a point guard would have to materialize from the ether, among other things, and that still probably only gets them to 45.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell? These people drink the Kool Aid every offseason! Odom is unguardable??? Man, I'm glad they're this dumb 'cause their hopes are dashed on the rocks of reality even harder.

2. droxford

droxford Member

LOL! It's great to hear a Laker fan get snapped back to reality!

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

It's funny how Lakers fans think Phil and a underachieve center can turn the same team around. I think the Lakers will stay pretty much the same unless Kobe turn into Jordan this season.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not the same team. They lost Caron Butler in the trade. I love how Hollinger disses them. LOL, idiotic Laker fan! :p

5. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

props to hollinger for setting this moron straight...your team isn't that good and isn't going to make the playoffs AGAIN.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

gotta love it! :D

7. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I think they need to start lowering their expectations about players coming to LA. Pretty soon they'll be proclaiming Moochie Norris will be a Laker.

Darko is probably their best hope right now. Personally, i thought Caron Butler was still a developing prospect. But then again, who can develop when you're playing with Kobe? :confused:

8. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I once saw a thread on a Lakers forum that went something like this(I swear I am not making it up):

"so... we aren't getting Amare or Yao. Good, we'll get Lebron in 08 then. The team would look like this:

Kobe
    Lebron
    Odom
    Kwame
    Bynum

It will be 2 Jordans + 1 Pippen + 1 Shaq + 1 J O'Neil. This will be the best team ever. Can't wait!"

9. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

K. Brown couldnt do anything against the weak PFs in the East. What makes Laker fans think that he will be able to do anything in the West when he has to face an All-star caliber PF almost every night.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Why the Lakers fans think this way and dont see the reality?
    Kwame never played well, and why right now, its gonna the best center?

11. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

The funny thing is, Odom does have his moments - but he doesn't seem to have the drive to dominate consistently - and Kobe will never let him have the ball anyway. The only really good defender on the team is Kobe, and he will be spending his energy on offense.

So...donut team with little in the middle but she's got much back! (court). Yeah, they're going places. :rolleyes:

12. qrui

qrui Member

no he can't go anywhere. he's arrested, didn't you hear? :D sorry, can't help it.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lakers suck again.

14. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The parallel between Kwame Brown and Stromile Swift are that both are career underacheivers. The difference is, we only need Swift to play average for us to be great. They need Kwame to play great for them to be average.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Nice point of view, I like it! :cool:

16. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

17. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

18. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

As if last year's Lakers fall wasn't entertaining enough....

I'm sorry, but I don't care how big a fan you are of a team, you have to look at the team you root for and say "this team sucks" every once in a while. But anyway, I'm looking forward to the first Phil-Kobe controversy. I don't care what anything thinks, Kobe has to have Phil's book in the back of his mind.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you know things have gone south when they start saying that acquiring vin baker is going to be final piece of the puzzle

20. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

:eek: