1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Id rather not have that scumbag racist Josh Anus talk about the Rockets at all. Rockets don't deserve to be associated with this moron in any form.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

DarkHorse likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lance this morning was talking **** about Josh. He was saying how he doesn't like host who root for their team to lose. I wonder who he means?

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Id rather not have that scumbag racist Josh Anus talk about the Rockets at all. Rockets don't deserve to be associated with this moron in any form.
    He said past and present. I wonder if he was taking digs at both Charlie P (who I found very unbiased) and Josh Anus at the same time?

Anyway, we need to boycott 790. For that to happen we need DD youtube vidoes back.

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Eh, Rich Lord has said on air he prefers when Houston teams are loosing bc it makes for better radio.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Surprised that there are so many people here who care about sports radio. I hardly ever listen to sports radio. When I am in the car I listen to music and when I am at home I read about sports on the internet or watch TV. I don't care about what is going on on sports radio as it doesn't affect me.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yes I been listening too as of about 5 days ago, excellent podcast that gets updated every few days. So far it's the only Rocket podcast that's been updated in the last month outside of the lone star summit but they talk about a bunch of stuff outside of the Rockets.

Ben Dubose if your reading this keep up the good work, I'm counting on you for my daily dose of Rockets.

BigMaloe and The Cat like this.
  8. Air Langhi

That is only true of the Texans. When the other 2 teams lose people just lose interest in the teams.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Yes. @The Cat Nice work, Ben.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Much appreciated. By the way, if any of you have thoughts or suggestions, just let me know. The LO "model" is a daily podcast (M-F) of 12-30 minutes, but obviously I change it up some based on the trajectory of when there's news. For example, most of the shows this week were Sunday through Tuesday, because that's when we had news... two home games, the lapsing of D-Mo's "deadline", etc. For today through Saturday, barring something breaking with D-Mo, it should be pretty quiet with no games and the team in China (without any Houston reporters, too). I do think tomorrow I'll have an interview show with a guy that's done film study on K.J., but I don't have it confirmed just yet.

The biggest challenge in doing this is trying to find a balance between interviews vs. timeliness. I know listeners will eventually fatigue if it's just me, but the challenge of interviews is the timing -- for example, if there's a game Tuesday night and I can't get the interviewee on until Wednesday afternoon, then that's not good for listeners because a lot of people want to hear/talk about an event ASAP after it happens. So I try to do a 50/50 blend between shows that are me reacting/reporting/taking questions (thereby allowing me to respond more quickly to news events), and others that are more interview, feature-based, if that makes sense.

My main consideration is unique value for listeners. Unless it's something mammoth, I try not to do things like run audio of D'Antoni or Harden in a pregame/postgame presser... because my assumption is that if you're enough of a diehard fan to listen to an independent, daily Rockets podcast, you've probably already watched the game(s) and/or at least seen the noteworthy quotes from someone like Feigen, Watkins or Dave (Clutch) on Twitter. So I try and focus a bit more on the analysis part, since that's where the show (be it me or a guest) might bring something more unique and complementary to the table. But yeah, appreciate the kind words, and hopefully I'll have a couple more quality guests in the next few days.

oakdogg and BigMaloe like this.
  11. E-Man

E-Man Member

Wait! I just got wind of what's going on over on 790 and Josh Innes is back in Houston again? And he took Charlie's job? WTF!???? First 610 ships him off to Phily, he gets canned in Phily, and now he back in Houston again! Ughhh!!!:mad:

Now 790 is unbearable to listen to now. I used to listen to Matt Thomas from noon time but they moved him to that awful morning show. Now with Charlie gone, there's nothing good to listen to on the radio on the drive home.

12. blackistan

blackistan Member

I was the same used to listen to MT in the daytime which I thought was good but everyday after work CP was my go to for sports radio and IMO was the best. Still can't believe they got rid of him but what's worse is that they're replacing him with J Innes

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Seems like Innes is trying to purge the Pallilo loyalists from his listenership. Fine by me. See ya 790.

14. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

cdrive likes this.
  15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I tried to give Josh a chance today. My. Goodness. He's TERRIBLE.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Your mistake was giving him a chance. He doesn't deserve one.

790 must have lost their marbles to let Charlie go in favor of this racist idiotic loser. I guess I'm stuck with 97.5 FM. o_O

17. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I did not catch much except for the part where he was going on a self-congratulatory diatribe about how welcoming people had been that day, and how much he expected a lot of hate but it just wasn't there. I guess that could be true, or they could just have allowed calls through that were supportive.

Either way I didn't hear anything in the time in which I listened that made me eager to check it out again. Granted, I did not like this host back when he was on 610, so my opinion may be biased. Add the fact that I really liked Charlie and I'm probably not the guy who's going to give him an unbiased chance.

But, that's the good thing about having options. Rather than whine or start a petition, I'll just listen to something else during that time when I'm in the car.

18. RCPM

RCPM Member

Screw you guys, Josh rules! Charlie was bad, really really bad...

19. Air Langhi

MAD radio was talking some rockets this morning. Seth was railing against the points per possession stat.

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I used to tune in to Charlie on the drive home. I found him knowledgeable and informative. I guess that does not resonate with people. They would rather have this moldy turd Josh whatever on the air. I listened for about 5 minutes and felt like I would have to repeat the 1st grade due to how dumbed down I became. Oh well.