1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

But they haven't, which is why I'm giving them a pass this week. But only this week...

I can't remember the last time I heard any show on 610 take a phone call. I know the morning and afternoon shows never do.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep you guys gotta call...I do to 790. On my lunch break..."Mike from downtown"

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

So who do you guys have the Texans taking in the 2nd round?

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

ComplainFans

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Yahoo 1560AM radio is supposedly a broadcast from Bellaire Texas , yet i never hear Steve Sabin mention Houston at all during his show. Very odd.

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

What is their number? 713-527-4790?

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

713 212-5790.

1 person likes this.
  8. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Houston is a diverse city with a cosmopolitan core and is a *great* basketball town. Elite. But it remains true the majority of Houstonians are vile white Republican trash, and the local radio, TV and newspaper cater to them.

1 person likes this.
  9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You sound more like the trash to me.

1 person likes this.
  10. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Astros this Astros that....it is really annoying. They are not even good but they have been so bad in the past that when they play average everybody gets excited.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

The Astros are killing right now. They're def not playing average.

12. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Wow.

Do you realize how intellectually inconsistent you are by championing the "diversity" of our city in one breath then, in the next, disparage two segments of our community that -- by definition -- contribute to such diversity? Unless you want to admit that, in your world, the term "diversity" is simply code for something else...

Either way, we can only claim the moral and intellectual high-ground when we practice what we preach.

In this context that would be us contributing to more 'societal inclusiveness' (or whatever you'd like to call it....) with our words and actions rather than acting towards a group of people in the same manner that we ourselves hate when they act that way towards us.

You and I may be on the same side of the political spectrum but, at some point, we have to be objective and consistent in what we say to people rather than carpet-bomb them verbally -- even if we don't agree with their politics.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think you have unintentionally classified all basketball fans as "urban" in this statement. A Clutchfans favorite.

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Actually , you're wrong. Houston is more Democratic. Harris County is more Democratic too.

15. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Houston is actually a very liberal city, so you're completely wrong and out of line there. And you sound rude and ignorant. Anyway, back on topic, Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler were wayyyy better than the clowns they have now on 790 in the morning. Wish they were given their morning show back.

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Tuned in to 790 this morning since Friday they had the entire day to digest the NFL draft and now that we finally know who were facing, will hear some rocket talk. First thing I heard was Lance talking about Kevin Johnson, the Texans First pick.

Ok, In b4 "they talked Rockets plenty later on" & "who listens to radio anymore" & " you have to call in".

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They did talk Rockets plenty later on though and are right now..

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Average? Best record in the league is average? I guess the Rockets were average as well...

Now if there is more Astros talk even after tonight when games start up again, then....I'll honestly be happy that people are following the Astros again

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Regardless of what you think about the Astros, they are currently off to their best start ever, they have the best record in the American League, they lead the league in HRs and steals. They have yet to lose a game all season in which they have had a lead. They are 7 games ahead of the second place team. That is the largest division lead, after 25 games, in the past 14 years. Altuve is playing at an incredibly high level. I could go on and on. The Astros are talk show worthy.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Over a month into the season, the astros have the 2nd best record in the entire MLB & tied for best record in the AL. That is incredible.

They aren't getting enough coverage to be honest, it should be in this order today.

1.) Rockets
    2.) Astros
    3.) Mayweather Fight
    4.) Texans Draft

Instead it's this

1.) Rockets
    2.) Texans Draft
    3.) Mayweather Fight
    4.) Astros

And if your on 610 it's this..

1. Texans
    2. Mayweather