1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. torocan

torocan Member

The lack of Rockets coverage given their highly competitive record and two marquee stars, especially when looking at how BAD the Texans have been this season is really annoying. I suppose that sorting out the whole CSN debacle would help a lot, but still... right now the Rockets are the ONLY team in Houston that's even remotely close to winning.

You'd think they'd get a bit more love.

I really miss last year's coverage...

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

That's why I miss Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler in the morning time on 790. They were the only ones who were willing to talk Rockets voluntarily.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

And this nonsense football talk will not stop at least from Lance. Texans are rubbish and despite losing 9 in a row the get so much coverage. Soon they will start talking about the high lottery pick Texans will get and who to draft. Lance needs to go ASAP for any basketball talk to happen.

4. rj3000

rj3000 Member

I was hoping when Adam Wexler came to CSN he'd do some podcasts or something but disappointed all he seems to do is Twitter. I used to enjoy Jason Freidman's weekly Rocketscast but sounds like after some fines the Rockets put him on radio-silence.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I definitely feel your pain, I wonder if there is anyway to email the link of this thread to someone at 790, I say 790 because 610 own't give a ****, they are all Texans no matter what. You are right, even around the trade deadline you won't hear much on the Rockets until maybe the day of or if they pull of a blockbuster deal. It's going to be about who the Texans should draft. If they suck than all that's talked about is the draft and upcoming season. If they are good than all the talk is about being contenders. The Rockets can have a 60 win season and they won't be talked about until the play offs come around and even that will be short lived because the Texans will eventually take over again.

And I swear, I can drive to work and se

6. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

I took your advice and emailed 790 and their response was that they try to allocate equal time between the Rockets and Texans. What a bunch of horse#%#%!!!

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know much about the radio industry, but don't they talk about stuff that listeners want? I remember how ESPN people were given the mandate to talk about Tebow 24/7 when Tebow was a hot topic. Isn't it likely that there are simply a lot more Texans fans in their viewership? I mean, we all know football's king here in Houston even more so than normal.

8. dvr4me

dvr4me Contributing Member

One thing that really bothers me is that you can tell they haven't watched games. Just this afternoon, can't remember what station, but they said Parker and Harden weren't playing tonight! TV coverage is lacking too!

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I was at Bww near katy and they didn't have the game on any of the screens and when we asked them to put it on they put it on like one screen. The rest were on college football. Do the rockets have such little support?

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Who did you email? I will send another email to the same person. Let's all try to email and get a point across.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

That's ridiculous, they are one of the few bars that have CSN they should be airing the game. I guess Houston is just such a big city and 90% of the city belongs to the Texans.

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Rockets can blame themselves for making it harder for fans like me (non Comcast subscribers) to watch games.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I just watched channel 13 news sports segment and the first 6 topics was college football and high school football. Alabama, A&M, Rice, Sam Houston, all had coverage over the rockets. All had in depth coverage, the segment probably lasted a good 5-7 minutes. The very last thing they covered was tonights win against the spurs and coverage lasted 15 - 20 seconds. Showed the Harden 3, Beverly's tip in, and Parsons dunk.

14. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

If you want more Rockets talk on Houston sports radio. Call the station to talk about the Rockets. That's how sports radio work. The host talk about what the callers call about.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Too bad they were still hardly talked about before the TV dispute. Astros/Comcast/Rockets dispute isn't helping anybody now though.

16. nono

nono Member

It's possible the texans are paying money to the radio stations to keep them in the news.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I honestly believe this..
    I listen to them in my car and they wear out the same Texans talkings point over and over and over..it's baffling..you can even hear the weariness in their voice being forced to talk about the exact same crap repeatedly for hours. They love to make excuses about why they won't talk about the Rockets.

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Don't listen to 97.5. They try to talk about everything that goes on but Rockets talk is an after thought and when they try to get in depth. They'll say something negative, with very little knowledge behind it. AJ Hoffman I'm talking to you. Jerome Solomon is the only one willingly brings up Rockets talk.

19. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

This and only this, talk radio is driven by what YOU the callers are wanting to discuss, nothing less nothing more. If 790 was flooded with Rockets calls that what they would program to but right now as pitiful as the Texans are they will generate the most conversation.

20. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I was watching the ABC news cast tonight after the USC-UCLA game ended. When the sports segment came on, the Rockets game coverage was last after college and high school football. **** the local ABC sports director.