1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Opening day>>>NBA regular season win

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Great....now that there isn't much to talk about in egg ball, the clueless Lance goes to another non athletic fat guy sport in stick ball

I guess it's anything but basketball or Rockets for that idiot Lance

3. hakeemthagreat

I actually called in last week and talked to Charlie. But the problem is they set the tone by talking long stretches without taking calls

4. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Yes that's true with CP. I love CP. He runs his show tight. You can be on hold for 45 minutes easy. But when he is ready he'll talk Rockets with you, he'll get in deep. He is an awesome host. Lance and Adam are more laid back, ADD like. Lance bounce all the way down to kids spilling juice to the O-line technique of a junior in college. Adam will talk about his love for current hottie to his hatred for every NBA team not the Rockets.

Funny thing is I've been listening since 6:30 this morning on iHeart and they talking quite a bit of Rockets despite NO CALLERS. I blame our city and not having sports on most TV's for 2 years. That killed the Rockets interest. I'd call but I'm offshore and it is very difficult. Rockets fans are out there listening it just takes a few guys like us to stir the pot a little.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

How many times did Lance say either "dwight harden" or "James howard" this morning?

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Exactly, any other topic is better than having to talk Rockets. I think it's gotten to the point where Lance has received so much hate mail and complaints that he now has a vendetta against talking Rockets. He also knows that's what his co host Adam would rather talk about so that would mean he's losing control of the discussion. It's an alpha dog thing.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The whole line " fans dont call in to talk about the Rockets, therefore we cant talk about them" is bullcrap.

They dont have any problems talking about college sports, or football or baseball for hours on end without callers to drive the discussion so dont give me this crap about the Rockets.

It comes down to one thing, the radio guys don't care about the Rockets so they dont talk about them. Any other explanation is just making excuses for their stupidity.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree! I've called a few times to talk and they've told me we have discussed the rockets already, let's lean towards another topic. Lol

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

This....why does Charlie and Matt Thomas have so many rocket callers chime in but the proper gentleman have none? It's because Lance dictates the discussion, chooses which calls he wants to take. So yeah, the whole "call in and talk Rockets if you want them to talk Rockets" is baloney, it is very much dictated by the radio host.

10. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Nick Wright talked extensively about the Rockets on his syndicated talk show yesterday. Pleasant surprise.

11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Say what you want but Rockets were the main topic on 790 this morning I know because I listened from 6:30 till the end of the show. I agree there should be more Rockets talk. But those of you that think Lance doesn't want to talk Rockets because Adam wants to or worse you think Lance hates basketball are way off.

They aren't going to talk Rockets 3 hours straight on opening day and after UK got their season ended over the weekend. Even on a slow day, 3 hours of ONLY Rockets talk in a city that the majority of people missed the games for 2 seasons isn't going to carry the listeners. They are a sports talk show not Rockets talk show.

Take your ball and go home if you want. I'll call in or change the station if they aren't talking about what I want to hear.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's quite funny how the best organization Houston has right now is the most ignored. I love all three of the major Houston teams, but the Rockets are the main attraction right now.

I don't see it changing anytime soon. They just don't like talking about them.

13. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

For the most part, the morning guys talk about the Rockets for the 1st 30 minutes of the show. After that, the rest of the show is dominated by popular youtube videos and stuff they steal from Deadspin. If you want to know what they will talk about, just go to Deadspin. Very predictable.

Also, Lance likes to talk about how much time he spends looking at fat 18 year old OL and his stupid Draft rankings.

14. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Yup they were talking about how important it is to win 1 of the two next games versus the Spurs, if we lose both we can easily fall to 6th seed.

15. hakeemthagreat

What really gets me is when we have a great game. The next day elderly man calls in "hey charlie, whatcha think about Johnny Manziel" or some other crap no Rocket fan wants to hear. It is insane considering how overanalyzed football is. I hate John McClain's segment on 610. The guy gets on and basically says everything we already know but acts like he's some expert

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Listened to Lance and Adam from 8:20 to around 8:45 and Adam had to pull really hard to talk about giving away Rockets tickets while the producer was none too thrilled with Lance. Immediately thought of this thread..

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Michael Connor is the only one I trust on that station to talk rockets.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

LOL, he's a producer that talks too much... not a host.

Honestly, never got the obsession of talking about regular season NBA basketball... it takes a back-seat to the NFL in every market that shares both sports, and the only time where NBA talk is really important is playoff time.

Likewise, this Rockets "memorable" season means virtually nothing if they don't make a deep playoff run.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What a dumb post

Egg ball is a fake tough guy sport with limited athleticism required filled with fatsos as well as the lowest IQ fans (after Lin fans)

Basketball is a real sport where athleticism is required and has knowledgeable fans

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Whatever, man (weirdo)... just explaining why things are the way they are... and they're like that in every market that has both an NBA and an NFL team.