1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

2 guys who know nothing about sports and another guy who is knowledgeable but boring as hell.

Sucks not being able to have Wex and MJ on anymore, those guys both loved and knew about the rockets.

2. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I have maybe a 10 min commute so I usually only hear maybe 1 and a half segments, but I think between 610 & 790 they talk a decent amount about the rox considering what time of year it is.

But 610's slogan might as well be "All Texans, all the time".

Also, I'm a huge fan of Jay Mohr - he's national but he gives Houston some love and he also keeps it real. Big mental health advocate, comedian, and he knows sports.

3. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

It's sports radio, it's all boring- especially by the time Charlie's show rolls around and the big topics of the day have been discussed/beaten to death. Not sure what else he can do to obtain your entertainment approval.

But since you classify Matt Thomas (maybe the most entertaining of em all) and Clanton as knowing nothing about sports, it may just be that your approval is impossible to obtain. There's a reason they get paid to talk about sports for a living and you scrub toilets for a living.

Carry on..

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Not true, all three guys know lots of sports, and they are the huge rockets fans as well. Matt and Adam also host a post game show for the rockets, Adam seems to be totally different without working with the guy Lance, usually I had to follow his post game show around 12AM.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

:eek:

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

Matt Thomas is an entertaining radio host, but to classify him as some sort of person who has good insight into analyzing sports just because he has a radio show is pretty simple minded.

Both those guys know about as much sports as the average fan. Clanton probably a lot less than MT to be honest. They are good for casuals to listen to because they know more than the guys who called Schaub-Schwab and can't tell the difference between JJ and Cushing. I'm not bashing them but i'm also not running to hear their opinions on the Rockets bench either.

Let's be real here we don't have a sports radio personality in this city that can give us quality insight into the Rockets on a daily basis.

7. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

It's not basketball season.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So what? At least Rockets put up a winning product in a real sport like basketball as opposed to the 2-14 over-rated Texans. So much circle jerk over a mediocre at best team.

Even during basketball season, it is 70-30 Texans - Rockets at best. Now it's like 98-2

1 person likes this.
  9. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

The Clyde & Cynthia Show
    Coming soon to Houston sports radio

[​IMG]

10. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Guess what... If people wanted to hear Rockets talk they would talk Rockets. I know that some people do but unfortunately that 15% isn't big enough reason to talk Rockets. Money is made in talking football. Plus it's not like they never mention Rockets. It's just not the whole show.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What Rockets talk is there to talk about? It's August for crying out loud. Football will always be king. If you want to discuss Rockets then that's why you're on this site.

I swear it's the same complaints every year.

12. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

13. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Come'on guys, let's get some fresh complaints in here!

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's football season.

It will pick back up around September.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

lol...

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Only time I ever hear local sports radio talk about the Rockets during the summer a lot was when they drafted Yao Ming, and traded for prime Tracy Mcgrady.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

First of all, personal attack not needed. For all you know he is the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company.

Second, many Rockets fans, myself included, agree that the previous hosts were a MILLION light years ahead to the current hosts, specially with Lance's attitude of all Texans, all the time. That dude just won't shut up about football, he always has to toot his own horn about his football knowledge. I already get that at 610 and it sucks, I don't need both stations killing to death the same set of football stories.

18. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You just making yourself sound worse and worse with each post. MT ex- PA announcer for the Rockets, ex-Colorman for several teams be it Baseball, Hockey, Basketball and Football.. and a Major Market Radio Host in several cities before.

Just cuz guys have never played in the league doesnt mean they arnt knowledgeable.. You are one of the reasons..all the ex-players are getting the media jobs they are getting now.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

Am I because my first post lamented the fact that Wex and MJ weren't on the radio anymore and they aren't ex-players.

You must never listen to MT's show because he himself says don't call in to him to break down game tape or for any real analysis. He's an entertainer first (and very good at what he does).

The only time to get actual rockets talk of any substance on the radio is during the season when Lance and Clanton had Morey, Friedman (even though he's gone now) or Rosas on, or when Charlie has Bullard or McHale on.

Other than that you are getting Rockets conversation that you can simply have on Clutchfans with the other fans.

20. Remii

Remii Member

This is Texas and it's football season... Heck, high school football is more popular than the NBA in this state.

But the radio host talk on the popular topics of the day and what the listeners want to listen to. You're saying they don't talk Rockets _ well it's probably because the listeners aren't calling in about the Rockets.