1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LA Clippers the REAL DEAL!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gimmmethemike, Jan 16, 2011.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, and that ankle didn't bother him too much because he immediately stepped back on the court and popped a 3 in Gordan's face.

That was a legit win for the Clippers...but I wouldn't get my hopes up about them just yet. Outside of Gordan/Griffin, the rest of that roster is very inconsistent. When it's clicking they look strong but on those other nights you definitely remember who this team is.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Redundant.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are up and coming, have the best young talent in the league, IMO....

DD

4. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

With Brian Cook leading the way, I don't see why Clippers won't be a contender in the next couple years.

5. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Im not worried. Clippers karma will catch up, eventually. Its like God is personally punishing the douche owner.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All you need to beat Karma is the attitude to push through it, a leader to emerge and force the organization forward.

Enter, Blake Griffin.

DD

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

They're on their way.... not quite a playoff team yet but Griffin and Eric Gordan could be scary together in the future!

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The only thing scary about the Clippers future is watching DTS and Vinny mess it up. The story will not end well.

Never has.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I believe these two statements (and A3PO's above) are directly related and the crux of the issue.

you can have the next phenom in Blake Griffin ready to take the Clippers to the promised land, but until you change the culture of the organization from the top down, until the owner is committed to winning like his players are, they will continue to flounder their success and their talent...

Clippers need a regime change, but it's not going to happen 'cuz they are a successful franchise $$ wise. and that's all Sterling cares about

10. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Baron Davis is the key he is starting to get into shape. Now with Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin, and B-Diddy. The guy to watch is Deandre Jordan he is becoming a rebounding Machine an a solid Shotblocker.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree BD is the key. If he plays like he cares, that will be huge for them winning games and playing like a team. His personality is strong enough to keep everyone together going in the right direction. BD is their most important "bellwether" player.

But I'm concerned how long he will get along with Vinny. When their relationship frays, the Clips will go to pieces

12. devilsdandruff

Ike Diogu is also a pretty good rebounder with 7'4 wingspan.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mr. Kardasian is such a puss.

14. ketchupNmustard

Lol people mustn't watch ESPN, or at least check NBA.com standings. The lakers were on a 7 game WINNING streak befre yesterdays game, how does that not constitute a team playing well? People need to check stats instead of posting comments that put themselves on a pedestal. And a missing Lebron makes the heat weak when they still got wade AND bosh.

I'm not trying to agree the clippers are gonna be great or the real deal, I'm trying to reiterate the fact that any team with 12 pros on the roster is capable of winning.

15. lalala902102001

Yes they are young, talented, and full of upside, but you forgot one thing -- they are, after all, the Los Angeles Clippers, i.e. the Cubs of basketball.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I dunno with the Clippers, Sterling has dragged that team forever, but the last few years, things have sort of started to come together for them.

Gordon was a really good draft pick, he's probably the 3rd best player of his class, yet he was taken at #8, Griffin, well he was a no brainer, he picked himself.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

were YOU not paying attention to the standings when last month the Lakers lost 4 out of 6?

granted they busted out of that losing streak with a 7 game win streak (against the warriors, nets, suns, and cavs included)

combine that with their latest loss, and they are 9-5 in their last 14.

that's not really good Basketball

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It's the Clippers. It's Donald Sterling.

We'll see what happens when it's time to pay these up and coming young players.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but re-signing Griffin is the easiest decision ever. He deserves max money and even a cheap owner knows that Griffin is a positive investment and will only make money for the Clips.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Signing Gordon and Griffin won't make the Clips a contender. They have to fill out a balanced roster that fits together and have a good coach.

Won't happen.