1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LA Clippers the REAL DEAL!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gimmmethemike, Jan 16, 2011.

1. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

The Clippers are young, athletic, and super talented. They have quite a few impressive wins this season. Grizzlies are kinda the same; they beat a lot of elite teams, although they lose to a lot of bad ones. Some top notch coaching and good veteran leadership would do wonders for these guys.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah, but to be the "real deal" they need to beat teams like that more than they lose to them. The Op jus tmade it seem like they put together these great back to back wins, but they actually had a let down in between. I think it would be more telling had they beat GS to make it 2 in a row and then lost against LA. Right now they're still just a very talented team that's inconsistent. Like Houston.

3. kayc

kayc Member

really...we did have a 5gm winning streak...wow 2 games more

4. Rockets_4_life

Yes they were healthy, Lebron played the majority of the game. He got hurt with like 6 min left in the game. But despite Lebron being in the game the Clippers lead through out...

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I'm having a small debate with my friend. Would you take Eric Gordon or Kevin Martin right now?

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Eric Gordon.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

We all know who Morey would choose.

Gordon would be the better value, since he made only $2.8 mil and Kevin Martin made over $10 mil, last season.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I dont know if they are the real deal just yet. They are definitely improving though. They desperately require a beasting wing and a good bench. I wish them all the best. Its alwasy good to see crap teams getting better.

I cant believe they ended up wirh the Timberwolves rejects in Gomes, Foye and Smith during the off-season. Butler is useless too.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

they are not the real deal now, they are improving, but not going to get far now.

and why dont you say the rockets are the real deal they have beaten the lakers, and boston, so that might be count for something right.

im not saying the rockets are real, but why dont you apply the same logic to the rockets.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They should've kept Al Thorton.

12. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Well, take their salaries out of the equation. Would you still go w/ a proven scorer over the years in Martin or someone w/ loads of potential (not proven) in Gordon?

13. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

Eric Gordan, easy. He is a playmaker, you can give him the ball and he can get his own shot or create shots for other people, particularly at the end of games. Not a lot of guys can do that. Kevin Martin has to get his shots created for him, he's a system player, not a playmaker.

14. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

"And of course Artest is in the middle of it!" lol wow.........they said that like he was supposed to be there and try to get ejected. Even though in situations like this he will but hey you never know. lol

15. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Member

Clippers have a few nice wins against elite or close to elite teams. Wins against Lakers, Heat, OKC (Beginning of season) and the Bulls. The Key is consistency. For every good win they have, they follow it up with a few questionable losses. Lately they have been on a 'roll'. So in time we'll see if they can climb up to .500 or end up around the 30 win mark.

I guess it is a small victory for Clippers fans.

16. adboy

adboy Member

all i gots to say to that video is that i ****ing hate Lamar Odom............. he is the definition of a b****

17. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

They were not missing LeBron in that game. The misinformation on these forums is amazing.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the clippers franchise has never had a player close to as good as blake, very few really ever have, he's going to be top 10 all time if he stays healthy.

But he's a rookie, no team is going to be consistent with its best player being a rookie,

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

for what team? for houston? gordon, if it was someone like chicago, it would be martin.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Clippers real deal...lol.

They are the Clippers for a reason. They'll find a way to **** it up.

Remember when this was the real deal?

[​IMG]