1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving is a phenomenon.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gil, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What's his story anyway? I know his dad was American and grew up in the US and Kyrie went to high school in the US (I think), so he couldn't have been in Australia too long. How did he end up being Australian (or at least partly)?

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Might become the best PG in the east.

I'm surprised at how great of a passer he is. But it looks like he has the total package offensively.

East has some really good PGs though -- Deron, Rose, Wall, Rondo

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ah, ok. Nevermind. Seems like he was born down there when his dad didn't make it on the Celtics and his parents moved to Australia so his dad could play in leagues down there. Then they all moved back to the states when he was 2. So he has dual citizenship. Cool. I didn't know that.

4. AFS

AFS Member

I think Kyrie is already better than Wall. Still has to catch up to the other three though.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Watching that video actually made me even more dissapointed in lin's performance, seeing real talent from a point. Hope lin picks his game up soon.

6. Gil

Gil Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8Ik2TOy6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This kid is already a legit superstar in this League. Think he might be more of a intelligent version of Iverson.

His ball handling and finishing ability is just out of this world.

7. Gil

Gil Member

No idea how to embed

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8Ik2TOy6o[/yt]

8. Gil

Gil Member

Ffs

One last try

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8Ik2TOy6o[/youtube]

P.S. after all these years I still find it ridiculous we're unable to edit posts lol.

9. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I got this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3h8Ik2TOy6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

holy cow!

11. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I'm hoping he's gotten it out of his system. The Rockets will get a first-hand look at Uncle Drew tonight as they finish off the last half of a weekend back-to-back road trip.

12. Gil

Gil Member

Lol thanks.

Imagine him and Harden on the same team!

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Wrong. And Cleveland's bigs agree with me. Nothing they like more than the opponents PG spending the night in their pants.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Who was that masked man?!

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

This one's from the summer. Here's Kyrie Irving crossing up about four future hall of famers at the Olympic practice:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4ioIReFbQ_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some of the best handles in the league.

Please be gentle, Kyrie.

16. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

You're comparing apples and oranges. Irving may play PG, but he is playing more a hybrid SG/PG role so you should be comparing him to Harden.

Don't get me wrong Lin is no where near Irving talent wise, but he was the 1st pick the draft and we know about Lin and his weaknesses.

Irving had 6 ast and 5 tov in that Bobcat game. His ast/tov ratio is even worse than Lin @ 1.5 to 2.1 which is on par to Toney Douglas. So as a pure PG Irving is very average, but he's a great hybrid SG/PG.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Clutchfans at it's finest :rolleyes:

18. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I don't know if it would work. Harden is a team player and all star, Irving is only an all star. Harden and Lin work because Lin is a team player. BTW I'm not saying Lin is anywhere near Irving talent wise, but he fits better on this team with Harden.

It's kind of like the people wanting to have Harden with CP3. That would probably work, but why do you need to spend so much for an elite PG when Lin is doing okay. We have bigger needs @ PF and maybe a shutdown defender off the bench. Just look @ the Heat with Chalmers and Cole.

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

20. 713

713 Member

#CantWait4Him2LeaveCleveland.