1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Wiltjer Preseason Highlights (all FGM)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bullard 2.0 need all the shooters we can get

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Happy Birthday Kyle -- he turned 24 today.

[​IMG]

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't send him to D-league!! Don't make us wait until next year to see him contribute! I want Kyle Wiltjer now!!!!

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

5. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

i'll be the first to say, some white guys have it bad when it comes to the nfl and nba draft. This wiljter kid should have been a high end second round pick. chinanu needs to be cut

i love this kids game, i think we can use him on the post as well, but we havent done it yet. Basically a much less expensive dmo. I mean dmo is much quicker but with the back surgery, and the constant injuries, their talent is really a wash, wiljter is also a better free throw shooter than dmo

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kyle is a goofy runner.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

watch his high school vids, dude could really move. i'm not sure what happened but he really stiffened up since his high school days.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've seen some of his college highlights. sometimes he looks very fast other times....

9. dmoneybangbang

He's got offensive talent and decent size no doubt belongs in the D-league until further notice. Seems Wiltjer is this pre-season's puppy dog.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Not even kidding his release is exactly like Steph Curry.

Freaking crazy.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@heypartner thanks for creating that video. I haven't gotten a chance to see too much of the Rockets this preseason so I couldn't really formulate an opinion on KW. From those videos, he looks way more comfortable/confident/looser than he did in the Summer League. I initially didn't think he had a chance making this team, but looking how far he has come in terms of comfortability on the court, I think he seriously has a chance.

heypartner likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I too think he's more comfortable looking in this system than SL D league style play. So you are saying the Harden-led, player mini-camps might have helped the newbies get comfortable. Some thought they are a waste

Seller and Anderson do look noticeably more comfortable, but Kyle is foing well

13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I remember watching this video in the offseason:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cjV7bXrAWV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was sad because if some undrafted scrub who I have never heard of can go 70/75 on 3s, then I just suck at basketball. Now, I realize he may possibly end up going down as one of the best shooting bigs in the NBA.

kevtse likes this.
  14. Dragon Blood

Dragon Blood Member

It will surely be fun to see him in the Footlocker 3 Point Shootout during the ASG

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Thanks HP!

heypartner likes this.