1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown_kid1, Jul 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait, so you are reduced to using a barely bit player as a way of justifying drafting bigs?

Ok, I was WRONG about Darko, how could I have overlooked his enormous contribution on Detroit's team.

LOL.

It is a waste of time Wekko, you are stuck in old NBA thinking.....a big is important, but the wing and perimeter is where the truth resides these days.

DD

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Laugh all you want. You made a minor error and I pointed it out. I'm glad that amuses you. You must spend the majority of your days chuckling.

Yeah, it is a waste of time. You're absolutely wrong. None of these recent centers have come close to realizing their hype. However, can you imagine if a center of Alonzo Mourning's caliber came along?

He was probably the 5th best center of the late 80's/early 90's era. And in today's era of subpar centers, he'd be the cornerstone of a dynasty. And that's what all these GM's are gambling on.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They would zone him and he would have trouble getting the ball.

You need to jump back in that Hot tub time machine and get back to 2010.

DD

#143 DaDakota, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  4. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

everybody has room for improvement

5. lon_1023

lon_1023 Member

anybody know that lowry ACTUALLY shoots better than brooks within the 3 point line. Last season, lowry shot 45% while brooks was 44%. Of coz, brooks has a better 3 pt game. Yet, brooks is like an attack first type of PG. next season, Yao, scola, martin can all score. We don't need brook's offense that much relatively. We rather need lowry's assist. lowry has a much higher assist-turnover ratio than brooks....I guess brooks can play even better if he is in the bench and help us score points..

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Wekko, mourning is a good name to use as a point of reference. You're correct about mourning being about 5 in say 96,but the guys ahead of him were hof types and he's boderline. He would do well today because he was a good offensive center and great defensive center. He could impact and tilt the game without scoring a point, but he could drop 20 on you a night. His offense was anywhere inside 20 feet. Zo could take slower centers off the dribble from either the blocks or ft line. Zo could also play the pnr and pick n pop game. Teams couldnt just zone him because he scored from different spots. When you have limited guy because of mobility like yao or limited in terms of range like howard, the best bet is a perimeter player that can beat guys off the bounce.

7. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Relax, the green bar thing was a joke buddy... and I said in my post you quoted that i wasn't praising him and explained what I was saying, jeez, learn how to take humor.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If that was your idea of humor, you should go back to school and retake English.

(that's assuming you are out of school)

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah, that has really stopped Tim Duncan and other low post players :rolleyes:

Plus Zo had a good outside jumper.

Ridiculous post