1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Houston_Rockets

Good poit, true PGs haven't won many rings lately, but do you know what PGs you mention, Rondo, Parker and Fisher have in comon???
    They all play better D then AB

For me it is simple, AB is quick not all (for a PG), so he has to use is quickness on D, because he will never be stronger phisycaly than anybody, just model his defense to what CP3 does, active hand and always eyeing bigs when dribling in the post, and trying to take charges using his speed

IT is easier to drop 30 when you play no D and take 10 plus 3pt shots per night

I think the presense of Yao and Bosh(?) will benifit AB, but ofcourse I would love a PG that could play pick&roll with Bosh, and right now AB doesn't have dribling/passing/IQ skills to kill teams like we could with Bosh coming

As for AB passing for Budinger alley oops, if that means good court vision (for me it doesn't) then Lowry is better by far (for me he isn't) because he made much more alley oops passes

just in case Ariza showed lately he has better court vision then AB

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Parker is not a good defensive PG, he is probably one of the weaker defenders in his team. The only reason you might have been fooled into thinking he was a good defender was because Tim Duncan has his back.

Brooks and Martin will look a lot better next season when Yao is back there to cover up for their mistakes.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed.

signed.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Houston_Rockets

Didn't said that Y was a good defender X was great, all i said was that ALL OF THEM are BETTER then AB defensivly

5. lokeej

lokeej Member

love the mix! Lowry is such a great hustler on the court, I wouldn't understand why we would give him up. His play is a very important piece to our team.

6. littlemouse

littlemouse Member

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

AB is overrated by some rockets fans. With the rule changes, excellant PGs are everywhere now. The top3 rookie PGs are already on par with AB in his third year.

To be honest, I actually can't think of any team doen't have a PG could be arguably comparable to AB. I mean, a lot of their fans will argue with you about who is better.

For example, I'm not convinced how AB is a clearly better PG than Rondo, Nash, D Williams, CP3, J Kidd, Parker, Baron Davis, Westbrook, C Billups, D Rose, T Evans, S Curry, B Jennings, D Collison, Raymon Felton, George Hill, Devin Harris,J Nelson. And if you don't consider the salary issue, Calderon, Hinrich... are right there as good players. Some of them may not be a clear cut better PG than AB though.

I didn't even put Lowry, Conley, Holiday, Dragic, Flynn... in the coversation. Those players also have great potential or have shown great improvement and could be a better player soon.

I think NBA is essentially an unfair game. Lakers have 5 all star or above level players,and some of them are playing role players there(Odom used to be a 20/10 guy prior to Lakers, and Artest was one of our 'big three', Bynum could be a franchise player to a lot of teams, Gasol is supposed to be the main guy to lead a team). Thunders have about 5 future allstars IMO.

I'm actually proud of AB's performance and progress, but highly competitive is the reality of NBA.

1 person likes this.
  8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

You know what? You are correct my friend. Lets just wait and see what FA(s) and player(s) we draft this summer to see how our 2 PGs fit.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

man I love watching him play... he's fire off the bench... absolute fire off that bench. He gets things going and pumps up the stadium. Makes me happy for him that Morey saw this talent going unused by the Griz. I hope we can keep him and Brooks, but something tells me he's going to get a starting role soon in a trade.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heck yes, that guy would have developed just fine, well at least according to me, Daryl Morey and Rick Adelman.

ZING !

DD

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Top 10 does not mean you're untouchable. Try coming up with the 10th best center in the league. How about top 10 PF? Shooting guard? You're not going to come with a name off the top of your head because they're in a crowd of similar talent. A lot more guys are on AB's level than you're willing to admit, mostly in the same conference.

No one's trying to give AB for free. But we can live with trading him for an strong upgrade at SF or PF. Out of our big three role players (AB, Martin, Scola), AB is probably the most expendable.

12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Just wanted to voice my props on the mix. Not only did I enjoy watching it, I downloaded that Scarface song as soon as the video was done.

Thanks OP.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

First of all, AB isn't a top ten PG yet. You have to account for defense as it is a huge part of the game.

Also, you should know that Lowry woudn't just settle for open 3's like Rafer used to. He would drive to the hole, drive & dish, or shoot the mid-range jumper.

There is a reason that DM absolutely loves Kyle Lowry. He can create for others much better than AB.

14. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

HUSH YOUR MOUTH!!! :mad:

15. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback. Special thanks to the_yoyo for showing this to Lowry on twitter, he retweeted it!