1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NL Rocket, Oct 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Every time someone mentions Kyle Lowry I think of this masterpiece.

1 person likes this.
  2. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

How can they "overpay" a max-worthy star player?

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Lowry beasting, deserves to be in the all-star game IF he keeps this up. Same story last year, started off great but with more minutes his production eventually diminished.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

not sure if serious?

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Raptors will get f'd over by that IMO, Lowry is not a max player. He's a second option on a good team and a third option on a great team.

But with BC's track record, I wouldn't be surprised Lowry gets paid big time

6. carayip

carayip Member

Not just BC. I am reading a Raptors board. Nearly all fans there said give Lowry the max if he asks for it lol.

BTW, is Lowry's contract non guaranteed next year? Some even said let Lowry get out of his bargain contract and max him out for 5 years as soon as they can!!

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Raptors is a sad sad franchise so the expections are extremely extremely low. While our goal is to eventually have a contending team, they will celebrate like it's Chrismas with a playoff win. I don't blame them either, it's even harder for them to attract any great player in the free agency, they pretty much have to grab as many good players as they can get.

I think if they do sign Lowry for the long term, Bargnani stays the same skill wise, and Valancunas lives up to his potential, they will be a solid 4-5 seed in the East, which is still a lot better than what they had in the past 4 years.

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Did the creator of this masterwork every return to the forum?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Kyle lowry leads his team in point, rebound, assists, and steals. Yes a 6 foot guard leads his team in rebounds. You can't really blame him for their record. They need to improve their talent.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

the rebounds part is a bit deceptive, they have multiple bigs with good rebounding numbers, but they are rotating and playing under 20 minutes a game so far.

But overall, Lowry's been playing at a superstar level so far.
    75% TS (!!!), 25-7-7, 3.7 steals. In only 34 minutes a game, and that's after missing part of the preseason with an injury.
    Two close losses vs. playoff bound teams, one blowout win vs. Timberpups.

Those numbers will surely go down, but so far he's been the co-MVP of the first week, along with Harden.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Imagine if we had Lowry with Harden

13. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Lowry's not a max player but Harden is? The only stat where Lowry doesn't lead Harden is points - and that's only because Harden shoots more.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Check those stats in about 10 days and check back in this thread.

15. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

The Raptors are going nowhere and if they sign Lowry to a max deal they'll stay that way for a long time.

Raptors have zero cap room to a quality player in 2013-14. If they sign Lowry to a max deal in 2014-15, they'll have no room then either. Bargnani, Fields, Amir Johnson, DeRozan, and Lowry alone would make close to $50M in 2014-15.

Worst thing for them is that their current roster is good enough to make the playoffs in the East and therefore they won't have any good picks.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/TOR.html

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I already thought Lowry got robbed of Eastern Conference Player of the Week but to see that he didn't even get considered for it blows my mind.

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Lowry is absolutely a max player. Of course he's a max player.

We can smugly high five each other like max player hmmph, right fellas but it doesn't change the fact that he is better than he was during his first season as a Houston Rocket, and he is no longer a Houston Rocket now. Deal with it.

To call Lowry "not a max player" is to not understand how NBA salaries are even structured in this day and age. You realize there is no salary middle ground between what the theoretical best player to ever play the game would make and the next 24 all-star caliber players under him, correct? They all make the same amount of money. The same amount of money.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Lowry leads the whole NBA in PER

Its pretty much Lowry-nSANITY right now

(without the wins though)

Which means its either he's beasting and they're losing in spite of him. Or its Orlando T-Mac-like stats where he IS the face of the franchise and thus IS the person held accountable for poor team record. I'm willing to think its the former than the latter

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I wouldn't say he got robbed by NBA, rather he got robbed by his teammates. If Raps win both games, he wouldve become a top candidate.

It's like Rockets are out of playoffs, Harden will not win MVP even if he plays lights out and wins the scoring title. NBA is still a team sports before any individual accomplishments.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lowry is ballin' but I don't see people are freaking out about "replacing" him with Lin. Keep in mind Lowry, before he got sick, was averaging something like 16 and 7 with a couple of steals last year and we were calling him a top 5 PG. 16, 7, 2, is something Lin realistically can put up this year at 24 years old and first full year as a starter.

Plus, we need Lowry to keep ballin' in hoping to make the Toronto pick useless.