1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry vs. Goran Dragic (with stats)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, Mar 27, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wouldn't say that..... Dragic was near breakdown..... He said himself he has to get used to playing 38-40 minutes and more.
    He is running a lot more than Kyle.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

and you can't disregard that Lakers win because Kobe does that in every game. That was a gut win for us.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dragic is no way on Nashty level... he is a second tier guard among Top PGs in this league. So is Lowry.
    Dragic can't control the pace as Nash can. He is a supreme fast break option, pushing the tempo even more in transition but he is not as good in half court, and turns the ball over as well.

He is hitting his shots now but as a backup he wasn't a good shooter, that is why his 3point percentage is still around 34, 35% overall.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

His ankle injury looked more like freak accident to me, he just landed wrong too quick. Despite that he still played a solid game against the Mavs.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You took my comparison too literal. I guess the main thing I don't like about Lowry is his bad body language when he things aren't going well. Can't count how many times does he stopped to complain leading to a 4 vs. 5 situation on the other side of the court that gets exploited.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No question... but you can't say Player A Lowry's game is more prone to weardown or injuries than Player B's Dragic' game just because Dragic played with Nash.

Nash and Dragic are not the same player. He learned something but it is not like he is the copy of Nash. Dragic himself said he modeled his game after BENO UDRIH and GINOBILI. One is a mediocre NBA guard and the other an injury prone Shooting guard.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not the main point, Sir. Just wanted to show you there are limitations in Kyle's game and there are limitations in Dragic' game.
    And Dragon is just hitting a good stretch of games, we are still 3-2 in last 5 games.... when he hit his slump, people are going to complain again.

Kyle is a vocal leader, whereas Gogi plays by example. But I need we might need a vocal leader as much as a silent one.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member