1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry vs. Goran Dragic (with stats)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, Mar 27, 2012.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can I get a line graph?

2. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Lowry's numbers this year when he was healthy... BLOW DRAGIC'S NUMBERS OUT OF THE WATER.. EASILY

They are both 25.. so logically you go with the better player

Lowry wins again

BTW they are both good player.. Lowry is just that much better

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Lowry is a great pg on a great salary. I think that makes him our most valuable piece in a trade. Dragic and Lowry are similar players but Dragic is a free agent. Realistically speaking Lowry is the only tradable option between the 2.

Could Kyle and the NY pick get us into the top 10 of the draft?

I think it should be considered especially since Lull appears to be ready to come to the NBA.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Why not? All I care about are wins and losses. In the beginning of the year, Lowry was playing tons of minutes as well.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe so, but Lowry was playing tons of minutes early in the year. When healty, he is the starter for a reason.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Where's JCDenton?

7. JCole

JCole Member

cuz Lowry had backup Dragic at beginning of the year! Dragic didnt/dont have good Play-G help!!! rly... if u compare this ur rly an moron, no offense

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

There's not really a reason to compare them. One of two things will happen. Either we trade Lowry in the offseason and bring Llul over as the future backup PG, or we just keep Lowry and Dragic to make it a moot point.

I think it's clear that we will keep Dragic since Morey didn't move him at the deadline. Unless someone else come in with an insane offer, I think he stays.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm a Lowry supporter who believes he's still our best player (still got plenty of love for Dragic, though), but one thing that needs to be pointed out if it hasn't already is that when Lowry was healthy, he had Dragic behind him. Dragic has nobody behind him (at least until Boykins, who's value is questionable). So even though I still think Lowry is slightly better, comparing their records isn't totally fair. Lowry was playing alongside another damn good PG while Dragic has nobody, so of course the team is going to be worse.

In other words, Lowry would probably have a worse record than he did without Dragic, too.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I can see New Orleans making a play at Dragic in the offseason. I'd rather trade Lowry for a star.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I would keep Dragic and trade Lowry.

I just think Dragic has more potential than Kyle to improve...

12. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

They are both 25

13. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

he didnt trade Courtney Lee.. so what

Dragic will end up on the Raptors or Nets.. That Russian Billioniare will sign Goran

LLul is still unproven and could be another V-Span... we dont know.. until we see them play in the NBA

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's not that. Dragic has better size and length and more craft offensively. Lowry's game is reliant on physicality and hustle and that will wear down.

15. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

All lot of superstar players have been worn down this year.. D-Rose, Zack Randolph, Stephon Curry, i can go on and on.. Its the Lockout man

16. Relaxing

Relaxing Member

so? Dragic played in the European Championship..and he was the player with the most minutes on the Slovenian Roster ..(Dirk Nowitzki even said in a interview on a german show that participating was a big mistake )..so he should be even more worn out then most NBA Players

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dragic is also worn down.... sprained ankle 4 times in a game or two.
    Read his comments.
    That is almost Stephen Curry worthy.

18. inishi

inishi Member

To be fair they are missing 40% of the starting lineup and have absolutely no ****ing bench at all. Logic goes both ways.

They are pretty close though. Dragic has shown that he can be a very effective starter when he gets the chance ( both here and phoenix ). What I like is he doesn't seem to turn thebball over nearly as much as Kyle had been.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I agree with you but I meant Lowry's physical type of game is more conducive to wear down on his overall career, like the way Rose plays. Dragic plays more like Nash who is still playing at a high level at 38..their games are more based on finesse.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's a terrible way to look at it because Lowry had Dragic and Lee off the bench producing...who has Dragic had? Fortson, Boykins? The lead constantly gets lost with those guys in.