1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry vs. Goran Dragic (with stats)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Toothless_Texan

nothing soccer dill... your posts say it all

2. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

Dragic has a worse record yeah, but lowry had a better team when he was starting.

3. AggieRocketsFan

Here are some advanced stats from the season thus far:

Lowry

• PER = 19.3
    • TS% = 56.4%
    • eFG% = 49.6%
    • TRB% = 8.7%
    • AST% = 32.1%
    • STL% = 2.7%
    • BLK% = 0.7%
    • TOV% = 18.7%
    • USG% = 22.2%
    • WS/48 = .161

Dragic

• PER = 16.2
    • TS% = 54.9%
    • eFG% = 50.8%
    • TRB% = 5.7%
    • AST% = 31.2%
    • STL% = 2.5%
    • BLK% = 0.4%
    • TOV% = 19.9%
    • USG% = 20.7%
    • WS/48 = .113

Very similar production, but I would rather have Lowry start with Dragic coming off the bench and finishing the game next to him. I just feel safer with the ball in Lowry's hands.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lowry/Martin/Parsons/Dally/Scola

vs.

Goran/Lee/Budinger/Scola/Patterson

You can throw those stats out the window since both guys were working with entirely different groups for much of their minutes. Just watch the games. This team would be somewhere between winless and 2-8 without Goran the last 10 games.

5. AFS

AFS Member

I think many are also overrating Lowry's current defense. He's been a solid defender in the past, but this season he's just been getting lit up by opposing PGs. It doesn't really matter to me what the stats say, my eye-test tells me that Lowry's defense has deteriorated.

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Another reactionary thread. I love Dragic, but he's playing the best ball of his life in this small sample size. Why not compare his "best ball" to Lowry's stretch to open the year?

Lowry is the man here, and that shouldn't change.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Dragic without a doubt is the more talented point guard. His game just naturally fits the position. Now, Lowry is just as effective, they have similar numbers, it's just a wash.

If I had to choose one over the other, it would be Goran, simply because I think Lowry's career will be shorter because of the way he plays. Bowling ball at 100mph every game will wear and tear your body down.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im getting sick of these threads. Who cares????....I WANT BOTH.

They are both pretty freakin good and they could really have used Lowry the past two weeks so shut up.

9. Hball

Hball Member

It is a contract year for goran isn't it?

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

what are you basing this on? your subjective 1-10 scale isn't very credible. people must be forgetting how good lowry was before he went out. no way lowry plays as dragic's backup.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't think anybody in their right mind would disagree with that...

Lowry struggles in PnR situations. He's somewhat slow to react around the screens and it leaves the ball-handler open for a second, where they can take the jumper.

Dragic has the same problem, but that's where his size gives him the upper hand, as he can contest the shot a little better with the extra height and length.

Lowry's the better one-on-one defense, and he's an excellent help defender. He's also a better rebounder.

I wouldn't be opposed to starting Dragic over Lowry, but if someone forced me to choose one right now, I'd go with Lowry.

12. HombreDeHierro

Keep in mind Dragic is more gifted athletically...

and that is a big plus

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one is forgetting some of us just did not overate his production.

He is a nice starting PG, but not all star level, I never thought that, ever, he just has too many flaws in his game.

Dragic has been better than Kyle as the starter - Kyle is losing his position - and it is unfortunate that the illness may cost him the starting job, but it is a kill or be killed world, and Dragic is a better athlete, is not undersized, can beat his man off the dribble and is a better passer, he has a much higher ceiling, IMO.

DD

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Exactly. I really don't understand comparing them when The team was better with BOTH on the court. I don't even care who starts because we are fortunate to have both. I think people have forgotten how good lowry is.

15. AggieRocketsFan

If we were without Dragic the last 10 games, but still had Lowry, we would probably be sitting at the same record. If Fortson and Boykins as our PG rotation, its no surprise we would win 2 or less out of the past 10.

Personally, I think the addition of Courtney Lee to the starting lineup has benefited the team the most. Start Lowry and Lee when everyone is healthy.

16. SleepingGiants

This thread is silly.

I've lurked this forum for a while... and there are just some people you don't engage in arguments because they think they're some sort of basketball guru.. everyone knows who I'm talking about.

That being said.. Lowry is the better PG, not hands down.. but he IS better.
    This talk of Dragic stealing the starting position is ludicrous.. Lowry isnt injured..nothing to nurse back to full capacity. Once he is done with his antibiotics and gets cleared to play he WILL start.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i never said anything about anyone being an all-star. i don't think either of them are at that level. i just don't see how people can say lowry's starting position is in jeopardy. dragic would have to show he is indisputably better than lowry, and i haven't seen any proof that he is doing that.

18. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

NEVER throw stats out of the window.. thats the basis of our arguement

Fact is Lowry is the better player

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's not including the first part of the season when he was injured too though, right?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too tired to argue here. You are going for a vicious circle without any consistency.... Brooks, Lowry, Dragic, then the next PG.
    Everyone good but not great.... and no results showing other than borderline playoff spot.
    Then you blame Morey, McHale again... and blame the next Coach, next GM.

1 person likes this.