1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry turning things around (UPDATE: Added Lowry's highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2010.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

kyle lowery is beasting..if he keeps playing like today, AB is as good as gone..

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's "rapin errrabody."

3. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

League Average for pts 10pts

League Average for assists 2.9

League Average for Steals .8

He does way more than just scoring......

4. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Yup, stomp all over the injured guy.... WTF, why can't clutch fans be happy that KLow is playing well, AND wish AB well? They're both players on our team...

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

why so we can start losing again?

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's averaging 10 assists per game. Every shot made will be at least a minimum of two points. He is contributing to at least 29 of the Rockets PPG. That's a huge chunk. Not to mention, some of those assists can be threes as well.

There are also "foul assists" that get a player free throws and Lowry is not credited for them.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It seems like Lowry worked really hard on his 3-point shot over the summer. That's probably why he was shooting so many of them to start the season.

After shooting 2-14 on 3s through his first 5 games (14%), he's shot 10-22 in his last 10 (45%). Undoubtedly his best 3-point shooting stretch of his career.

Maybe that practice is starting to pay off?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lowry is a decent 3 point shooter when his feet is set. That seems to apply to Lee as well (and even Ariza).

These guys, when they play spot up shooter, will nail their shots. It's the pull up 3s that bring everything down.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Lowry is playing great lately, I really am starting to think it would be best to bring AB off th bench for awhile. We need wins, not another chemistry experiment.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Nobody on this team should be shooting pull up 3s unless they are shooting a buzzer beater or the opponent didn't make it over halfcourt and we've got a 3 on none break with 2 guys under the rim for the uncontested putback.

11. durvasa

I don't mind AB shooting pull up 3s if he's wide open. No one else, though.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Don't even want to see Brooks shooting it unless under the circumstances I described. Martin either. NOBODY.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No,he isn't. His value to the team is well known by the coaching staff and management. We need his ability to score. Lowry is doing very well,AB can complement him by coming off the bench when he returns.

14. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

I dont mind some of the pull up 3s he does. The problem is when the team is on one of their droughts and he takes one. In those times you need to find a way to get easy baskets.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Have you seen Kevin Martin shoot the pull up 3??? He's got a nice stroke on that shot.

16. durvasa

Does he? He seems to shoot the 3 much, much better on catch-and-shoot versus off the dribble. According to mysynergy, he's shot an amazing 21/38 on spot up 3s (55%). He's also shot 59% on what they call "transition" threes, but I don't remember many makes on pull-up 3-pointers. I guess the transition makes would be mostly him fading to the 3-point line in transition and a teammate finding him. I don't have any problem with him taking those shots.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I was talking about transition 3s, which are a form of pull up 3s.

18. durvasa

OK. When I think of pull-up 3, I'm thinking the player dribbles down the court and pulls up to take the shot, rather than another player dribbling down the floor and getting him the shot in transition.

19. durvasa

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7323579.html

[rquoter]“I’m just playing,” Lowry said. “All these guys in here, they tell me to shoot the ball. When we practice, I shoot like that all the time. But these guys, I’d rather see them score. Passing up open shots has been hurting us a little bit. Me coming out there playing more aggressive, it helps us I guess.”

Hearing this, Martin called over, “He’s the best practice shooter on the team, trust me.”

Lowry has shot reasonably well lately in games, making 17 of 38 of his attempts with 37 assists in the previous five games. The trick has been getting him to look for those shots more often.

“Honestly, the guys have been giving me confidence,” Lowry said. “I finally started to listen to them.” [/rquoter]

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was amazing tonight.

Simply amazing.

DD