1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Feb 19, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The trade is about giving the team fully to Yao Ming...and getting rid of any other leaders in the clubhouse.

DD

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I've always like Lowry. But in the exact way we're using using Aaron Brooks as change of pace off the bench. Lowry plays HARD, he'll win some fans. But he's not even near enough to compete

3. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

No, DD this trade is about winning it all this season LOL

I stand by my prediction...

this team WILL completely rebuild before it wins another championship.

I can't wait until the 2010 NBA draft. ;)

4. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

I agree. Out of the weaknesses discussed, this is the on thing that bothers me. Part of the reason to hope to get an upgrade from Rafer was his inconsistent outside shooting. Given that and the fact that AB also is inconsistent from the outside, Lowry would only make a bad situation worse in that area.

5. Z_is_me

Z_is_me Member

I'm not expecting to see him get much playing time at all... Brooks will be starting and Barry off the bench.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

No way they trade Skip for a guy that will be 3rd string PG at best. Kyle will play. Hopefully better than he did in Memphis.

7. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

crazy :confused:

8. HoustonFan4Life

That was the best you could do for your 1st post.

9. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I honestly don't think it's a bad trade at all. I've been getting tired of those 5% tear drops that Rafer shoot in like every game. I am tired of laughing at his face when he airballed 200 wide open 3ptners. I think this trade makes a lot of sense because now Aaron and BB will get more minutes and they are both sharp shooters. AB will get better in time given the minutes. BB has always been solid and he too just need the minutes. Honestly, Rockets' offense has never initiated by the point guard ever since the day when SF3 got traded. Yeah, AB might not be the best defender in the league but he can keep up with many elites pg like CP3 and the Big Shot in the previous games. Beside, we have both Shane and Artest to put out the fire if needed. So i am not really worry about it. Kyle Lowry is just another insurance just in case if there is any more injury happens to any of the 1 or 2. It will not hard for him to make the transition because all he needs to do is bring the ball up and dump it to Yao. I think AB0's 3ptners from 4ft beyond the perimeter has a higher percentage than Rafer's tear drop. Just do the math ><

10. DouggYsTyLe06

DouggYsTyLe06 Member

This was a pretty stupid trade. i dont even know what to say about this gay trade. Now this season is over who cares if hes good at throwing alley oops? whos gonna catch the alley oop? Yao Ming? HAHA shouldve kept francis at least he wouldve given us an entertaining loss with his cross overs and dunks. Now were not gonna lose in style anymore..

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i disagree.

this trade is about planing for the future. since tmac wont play this season the team shifts from "win now." taking on cooks ending contract and a young elite defender in lowry is planing for the future.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry seems like he sucks.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I thought Cook wasn't coming to Houston?

Wouldn't you agree that the in its current state with Alston could still be in "win now" mode? I really thought they could compete with anyone in the playoffs. Wonder why management can't see that and give it a go..

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

KYLE LOWERY is the guy that dropped the triple double on us,and tipped in the game winning shot not to LONG aGO!

15. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

Lowry can't shoot, but he is explosive. He's like Rajon Rondo, I'm not sure if he's a pass-first PG though, if he isn't this team is even worse since at least Rafer was good at shooting.

16. jondoe

jondoe Member

Did you just say Rafer was good at shooting? FAIL.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

One positive thing: WE HAVE A NEW #1 !!! Please Rockets, take Tracy's number away and give it to Kyle, he wore it Memphis so why not here ?

18. Olajuwon2Yao

Olajuwon2Yao Member

Rafer is a pretty good at shooting, he is above average at it. He is one of the best shooters when he is hot, but He is just inconsistent at it. Doesn't mean he's bad at shooting.

19. mcm1150

mcm1150 Member

If this guy is a better defender than Alston then this is a good trade. With the point guards in the conference an aggressive fast defender is needed.

In a motion offense, Lowry's shooting can be hidden by running him around picks or away from the ball. Expect to see AB playing with Yao, and Lowry playing with the second team.

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he;s garbage, i think people are confusing him with Randy Foye, fellow Villanova PG that got drafted the same year, except foye is lottery talent.