1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is still starting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShiniKashi, Jan 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty much. Mills lit up the olympic team a few years back. The whole team struggled with the interior size and athleticism of the blazers. Lamarcus is finally starting to play like a big man.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Mills made Aaron Brooks his wife. Lowry didn't get owned, AB got owned, mormon married, tricked, hoodwinked, and messed up all in the same game. AB plain and simply did not show up on defense. Mills probably went home crying because he only gets to place Houston two more times...

1 person likes this.
  3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You know you really should stop labelling others for having agendas if you yourself obviously have one as well.

4. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Did I say that? You guys said that Lowry shut down Andre Miller (which really is not true, considering he was not a part of the game at all in any fashion...he took 3 shots so its easy to guard somebody who isn't aggressive. Brooks played bad defense, Lowry didn't have to play defense and sucked at everything else. They both sucked, and its horribly unfair to blame this on Aaron because Patty Mills caught fire on him.

The point I am trying to make is that there is simply no objectivity in the Brooks vs Lowry debate. You don't give Aaron credit for the good plays he makes on defense (defending John Wall very well in the 4th quarter against the Wizards, taking 3 charges a couple games ago, etc). When Kyle gets lit up you either ignore it or chalk it up to Kyle's opponent being a great player (which you didn't give AB that excuse against Chris Paul earlier in the year, but gave Kyle a pass when Rose tore him up). The both played terrible and are equally big reason why we lost. Objectivity is all I ask for.

5. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

I don't have an agenda. They both sucked tonight and I am willing to admit that. What I am not willing to do is blame Aaron Brooks for every little thing that goes wrong with the Rockets.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wait, +/- isn't a fact?

Suddenly we're talking about the whole year now, and not just one game?

I thought tonight's game was all we needed to know?

Remember?

Anyway, I bow down to your 'situational examples' which clearly show the Rockets got blown out due to a couple of turnovers by Brooks.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

They both sucked tonight but it was clear as crystal that Brooks sucked 10 times more. People have serious ego and bias issues if they cant admit that.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Forget these NERDY stats to prove who is better. Try watching the game fellas.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone admits they both sucked tonight. Yet you somehow have the idea that everyone is merely blaming Brooks for everything whiles pardoning Lowry when that is obviously untrue.

They both sucked, but Brooks had absolutely nothing to offer. He dribbled way too much leading to turnovers, and had nothing to offer on defence. Lowry on the other hand, had nothing to offer on offence, but was at least contributing on defence and hustle.

Just because Brooks' flaws are being pointed out whiles Lowry's tiny bright spots are being acknowledged does not somehow mean everyone has an agenda against Brooks.

10. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Please....From this thread:

"Tonight's game perfectly illustrates the difference between Lowry and Brooks.
    When Lowry sucks, he simply does not contribute much to winning.
    When Brooks sucks, he gets TORCHED by no name backups, drives straight into the teeth of the defense and gets his cookies taken TWICE leading to break away dunks effectively ending any chance of a comeback. Talk about "high leveraged" moments, that back to back sequence is what put a cap on the game.
    When Brooks sucks, he loses you games."

"AB always gets out-hustled. Hustle is not in AB's playbook. It was very rare he got the loose ball or even tipped the ball when he was not injured."

"Why is this even a question? Lowry is the best PG on this team pure and simple. He gets everyone involves, plays great defense with tenacity, hustle and play with so much heart.
    Kyle Lowry is very much underrated. Even people on CF still doesn't see the true value of Kyle. How important he is to this team. Right now, he is the heart and soul of this team."

"Which is why we don't use +/- as a stat.
    Unless it demonstrates what you want it to demonstrate.
    So many other factors went into Lowry's -13, including suckage from the majority of teammates starting with him. Of all the Rockets, really, we can only say that Patterson, Budinger, Lee, and at times Martin did not get flat out-played. Games like these really hurt my Rockets pride and make me wonder if it really is going to take years before we can contend again."

You don't see an agenda here?

1 person likes this.
  11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You actually don't disagree with me. I mentioned his ankle in my first post. more than likely it's just sore. It happens. Doesn't mean he came back too soon necessarily. The ankle will need time to adapt all over again and that means some soreness even after it's technically healed. Somemtimes the soreness is enough to cause a limp.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

^^crap that was my first post you quoted, my mistake, but i did mention his ankle, so i do think it's a issue, but tonight it had more to do with Portland and the momentum of the game.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Oh please, I could pretty much say anyone who defends against these comments have agendas against Lowry as well.

It's a forum, everyone has opinions. You can't go around labelling others just because they have opinions different to yours. The Rockets are a mediocre team at best, does that mean I have an agenda against this team merely because I state what I believe to be true based on my own observations?

Some people observe and view Lowry as the better player, some people observe and believe Brooks hurts the team more than Lowry this game. But unless you are telling me everyone has an agenda against Brooks and no one has an agenda against Lowry, I don't see why you have the need to call others out.

I mean I could equally say you have an agenda against Lowry by saying you are rating Lowry much worse than he actually was in this game.

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

When Lowry's offensive game isnt going, he still plays great defense, hustles his ass off to make plays, and runs the offense.

When Brooks' offensive game isnt going... well thats all he has.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

+/- for one game is a fact that has no bearing on anything else. Now if you wanted to use stats and +/-, you'd have to take a little something called sample size into account. Which is why I gave you an example of their yearly numbers, not that you HAD to look at it.

This is good though. You are asking questions and that is the first step to learning and self improvement.

Now, now. Reading comprehension is apparently something we need to work on as well.

I never said we were blown out due to Brooks. I said he sealed the deal.

If you remember, we were down about 19 and started getting a few stops, cutting it down to 12. Those turnovers leading to break away dunks happened when the game was in the balance, during a comeback, something we call a "leveraged moment", where dumb mistakes that kill off all our momentum can effectively shut the door close. Which is exactly what it did.

Now how we got to down 19 in the first place I never blamed on Brooks. That had much more to do with how Jordan Hill absolutely does not fit with the starting 5, discombobulating their offense, killing their defensive rotations, and making the entire unit look like headless chickens IN BOTH GAMES HE HAS STARTED.

See what I did there? I tried to the best of my abilities to describe specific examples of what actually occurred, OR use relevant statistics that can give us a better picture of things we may have missed with our eyes.

All without calling other people's posts "hyperbolic crap"!

See how simple? k lesson over bye

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This^^

17. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

How am I rating Lowry worse than he did? I don't have an agenda against Lowry I think he is a good player...but you honestly believe that the hate for Brooks on CF isn't out of control at times?

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What about the hate for Lowry then?

Heck, I'm pretty sure the hate for McGrady was out of control most of the time in CF, but in the end as out of control as it was, there was some truth behind it.

19. Codeo

Codeo Member

People still defending Brooks? What is this i dont even

20. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Fair point but it still is quite ridiculous. Maybe I expect too much from CF.