1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is only effective...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Dec 25, 2010.

1. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

But.......Brooks can shoot.

2. PeppermintCandy

According to Solomon of the Chronicle, the Rockets knew that at least one team would offer Brooks starter's money this summer, and that given Lowry's contract, the Rockets weren't willing to match.

If it weren't for financial reasons, I believe Morey and Adelman would've kept Brooks. Adelman loved playing the Brooks/Lowry tandem when both were healthy, and as long as Brooks got enough minutes, I think he would have come to accept coming off the bench like Lowry did.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If this is true, then Morey was not prepared to pay Brooks starter salary. Which tells me, if true, that Morey viewed Brooks as I do, a super scorer off the bench, Vinnie Johnson in a smaller package, a backup that can light it up.

4. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

I think it was wrong for brooks to lose his starting position because of an injury...and I think he never recovered from losing his starting role.....good luck to him and I hope Lowry keeps on playing the way he has.

5. PeppermintCandy

Maybe, but I think it was more that it's just tough to pay $11+ million a year to keep two starting-caliber PGs on a roster while remaining financially flexible. Morey always knew he had to trade one, which may be why Brooks's name kept popping up in trade rumors during the past two seasons.

BTW it wasn't Solomon but Justice who mentioned Brooks being offered starter's salary.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If AB gets $11 million, I'll eat one of my hats.

7. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

It's hard to overrate a guy when he's led us to the 2nd best offensive season in franchise history.

And btw, if he's kept his numbers the same despite playing MORE minutes against STARTERS then guess what? That means his game has improved, lmao.

8. PeppermintCandy

LOL I meant investing at least 11 million in total for both Brooks and Lowry. But I could see a team taking a chance and offering Brooks something around 6 or 7 million.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Never did understand the fascination this board has with Ramon Sessions. What was the reason for the start of the fascination? That he had some huge assist games or something?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good. I was beginning to question your sanity. ;-)-

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think it's because of his rookie season. He was putting up ridiculous box scores. But I highly doubt anyone is watching him consistently on the teams he's been on.

12. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah I love these people saying "you don't watch him". If anyone actually watches this guy consistently, they should probably find something better to do with their time lol.

13. MrButtocks

Some people can't even analyze the Rocket's roster properly. I'll take their analysis of Milwaukee, Minnesota, and Cleveland's bench players with a grain of salt.

14. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I think leebigez is a lot more fair than people who turn our players into stars and dismiss a player that has to play for Cleveland as a loser scrub. Did Morey think Kyle was a scrub because he was a backup for a sucky Memphis team? No, and I’m very glad for that. Leebigez was also one of the few people who thought Asik was a lot more valuable than Clutchfans was giving him credit for. But if you actually watch Bulls games like the one last night, Asik’s defense has a huge impact on helping his team win.

I also didn't see any "fascination" with Sessions, he simply brought up the question of whether Lowry was much better than a cheaper, available player in Sessions. But apparently that's blasphemy because Kyle is the next Rondo and Sessions is a career scrub. Oh yeah, and also because Cleveland sucks and we're a great team.

I personally take homer assessments about our sub .500 team with a grain of salt.

1 person likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah,and whenever a "scrub" or underachiever joins the home team,he becomes a potential star or in some cases a future all-star.

16. PeppermintCandy

It often goes the other way too. To paraphrase a quote from the Sloan conference, you tend to see the flaws of your own players because you see them upclose, while it is easier to notice the strengths of those whom you wish to acquire.

Either way, it's always hard to maintain objectivity when you're a fan.

17. MrButtocks

Well, Morey gets a lot of credit for his decisions because he has a great track record. Leebigez, fair as he may be, doesn't even have a record. All we fans have are opinions, many of which are based on nothing.

I'm not knocking Sessions because he's on a bad team. I have no opinion of him because I've barely seen him. Unless you're a professional scout or a hardcore NBA fan, I highly doubt you've been watching his teams that intently.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Clevelands version:

[​IMG]

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's mostly the fans who behave that way. Professional personnel make mistakes too,but you are correct.

20. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Ok, so posters who think a player sucks because they're on a bad team should have their opinion taken with a grain of salt as well. Pretty different than what you implied.