1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is only effective...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Dec 25, 2010.

1. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Great thread. Five stars.
    :grin:

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i think my memory evades me but I remember why you were on mine and many other poster's ignore list for a while. Yea thats right, probably because your as thick as a rock and can't understand simple rudimentary notions even when spoonfed. And for the record, your problem with him was that he couldn't get Yao the ball , and Yao's stats mattered that much for you.

I get it, AB was the better scorer but he sucked for it at the time, but when lowry does something along those lines you seem to grab the hypocrite mask quicker than anyone else.

Childish, asking someone to be ashamed. THe only thing i would probably be ashamed for is taking you off ignore and forgetting how much better a thread would appear when all that would appear would be your name and not the litter within it.

And for the record, I love Lowry's new style of play, as what he has improved what I criticized him all along for. Saying otherwise would define ignorance that you so very well personify.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why do you continue to ignore the existence of Mike James?

I can't decide whether you're trolling or not right now.

But since you want to go into McGrady so much. Unlike Aaron Brooks, McGrady was the biggest reason our 22 game win streak exist.

In fact, if you hadn't notice, those few seasons where Yao was out for half of the season or even the whole season, McGrady kept us in the playoff picture. Look at 2006-2007 and the 2007-2008 season.

You know, a "mediocre season" would be last year with 42 wins if you open your eyes and get facts through your head. 52 and 55 wins (the two seasons Yao was out for a long period) in a season is not a mediocre season.

You can stop defending your boy now, you're looking more and more like a troll. Or maybe you are one.

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

ok, dude: Not trying to be rude here even if it may sound like a subjective question, but you judge mediocrity based on the level of competition. I suppose you've heard the all too common phrase "Its better to be bad than mediocre".. blah blah. But lets not get into whether its true or not. As you probably already know, being in the playoffs heading for a 1st sound exit = mediocrity. Not being a playoff team makes you bad.

Stop bringing up mcgrady in every damn post its quite surprising your still such a hardcore fan of his, and yes I know you are because I've supported you in arguments regarding his failures previously and he magically becomes analagous to every rocket situation.

yes the 22 game winning streak was exciting, but you clearly don't have a grasp on what matters more in the NBA. If you think thats more important that winning a playoff series, maybe you should see how many posters agree with you on the thread asking specifically that.

Mcgrady was not the biggest reason.
    He shot extremely poorly during most of the streak. At closer examination (this has been said on here 100s of times)
    -Rafer's play ( dude was on fire and playing the best basketball of his career)
    - Carl landry's emergence from the bench, bench production was never a reliable in the case of the rockets, had a game vs Utah in the playoffs the previous year the bench was scoreless.

mike james was never the best performer of his team during a playoff series

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

-Left out one of the biggest reasons as well. The play of scola, thats when the rockets actually started winning games starting of january that year.

6. choujie

choujie Member

LOL. I was on ignore list by you and DD for a while because you guys couldn't handle the truth ,and truth hurts. You didn't have any good argument to beat mine arguement and you coudln't handle that anymore, to the point that you started using abusive language, and now you pretend to be "hating" name calling. Is that Irony?

I don't have search abiliy, otherwise I'd find out that post. Everything I said in that post was pretty much right.

And NO, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT YAO ONLY, IT WAS ABOUT WHO FITS THE TEAM BETTER. Since the Lakers series, there was no doubt an AB led team would go nowhere. And time has proven that.

See calling me "ignorance" even after both Lowry and AB proved you were so wrong in stead of looking at the mirror to see who is the real "ignorance" one. What about name calling thing again? Is that really the best you can do? LOL.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So by your definition, Aaron Brooks led us to a bad season whiles McGrady led us to a mediocre season?

Gotcha, I love your argument style. Fling **** and hope something sticks, but forget you are contradicting.

And there we have it. I used McGrady as an example, and you're accusing me of being a hardcore T-mac fan. Talk about hypocrisy, but let's have it your way.

Sure, we can debate on that. 22 game win streak is making history, going to the second round is not.

Well if you don't think Mcgrady was the biggest reason for the 22 game win, streak, I'm not going to debate with you anymore. I'm keeping this focused on Brooks

You really need to stop trolling. Brooks was NOT the best performer of a playoff series we won. He was however the best performer of a playoff series we lost (sound familiar?)

And this has nothing to do with playoffs.

My initial point, which you've refused to acknowledge because the truth hurts, is whether you can justify what you said when you said people who "undermine a 20/5 season" are "jackasses"

Since of course, Mike James did the very same thing if you want me to spell it out for you because you seem to ignore it every time.

1 person likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

How about this, its obvious that I'm just saying what I am because I have some sinister motive so I'll come clean

Tracy Mcgrady was the bestest player ever

He made history by leading the rockets to a 22 game winning streak

Leading us to a number of 1st round losses doesn't matter

I hate lowry and him playing good helping the rockets pisses me off because I am a rockets hater.

I post in a rockets forum because with individuals behaving like teenage girls because I hate the rockets.

Find some solace in your great victory and my defeat.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't understand your logic at all.

I mean, all I ask is that you answer a simple question. Which you've once again managed to ignore.

Is it so hard to tell me why you think people are jackasses because they undermine a 20/5 season?

I mean did you really have to spin a soap opera out of this whole thing when all that is asked of you is to focus on a simple topic.

No one here is saying you have some sinister motives or whatsoever, you came up with that all by yourself.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

the reason i think people are jackasses is because they hate on someone regardless of what decision they make. I shall answer your question as its clear you are presenting the question as a fragment from the entire context of the situation, your mike james counter could just as well apply to lowry going on a hot stretch like rafer or any other player for that matter. it is far too general. Regarding that statement , it seems that you genuinely want to know, so I recommend you look at it in terms of the context like I am if you really do want to understand my point of view rather than ramble have us reach DDs post count.
    And this doesn't extend to just one player but I used the 20/5 in AB's case. It seems much of the hate is unjustified. There is a reason for that one person in particular being the only person on my ignore list. No matter what type of game AB played he would bash him, and AB isn't and wasn't my favorite player on the rockets , but it was obvious a lot of the hate aimed towards him was unwarranted. Especially during the playoffs and last season when comments to the point of wanting your own player to fall and break his leg or a midget sg cancer even when he played well. Thats why i brought up the example of the season he had, even though individual performances were still met with disdain. You can't call someone a midget SG scrub or that he doesn't belong in the NBA after he pulled off a season like that improving from the very beginning. It seemed wrong to kick a man while he was down as he frustrated all of us this season but not to the point people can't retain some class towards a player of their own team.
    I stated the same thing in battier's, and Brad Miller defense just the other when people couldn't take ahold of their impulses and realize there is a difference between criticism and straight up lack of class.
    And regarding a particular person or group, their main hate started from the fact that it was the passer's fault Yao never caught the ball, deflecting the entire blame on him. battier and brooks got a lot of hate over this, and brooks mostly because he was the PG, but theres only so much you can do even though he may have faulted like everyone else. To them it was Yao's touches and stats that mattered most and they made no ssecret of it. To summarize the argument in a matter of one sentence question of why I said something is impossible. And ironically I was labeled a YOF and a YOH for finding fault in both sides. Now when I point out a double standard, it turns me into a defender of a player, who no longer plays for this team when in reality I am using his example to best illustrate my problem. Its the double standard and hypocrisy , not the constants in the equation i have a problem with. I will refrain from any brooks discussion as i grow tired of the fact that he is no longer even on the team, and I agree I did bring his example up to prove a point. Too many players wearing a rockets uni have been bashed to the point far beyond the criticism they deserve and often for attributes that have little to do with their play, and more to do with a personal attack for genuine dislike.

11. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

More random AB hate from last night's game:

"Aaron Brooks inexplicably fired a 3-pointer, and missed, with six seconds left in the third quarter rather than working for a final shot, that allowed J.R. Smith to sink a 3 at the buzzer"

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

did you actually watch the game :cool:?

It was a rapefest , and sadly nash looked as old as ever and finally starting to show his age. but since you seem so obsessed with the play by play experpts you read maybe you should've seen as gentry pulled him aside for playing to passive and only passing. which is clearly not his strength, the announcers even said they should just put him in the game and let him fire away because that was the best chance they would have at getting back in since it worked the celtics game. more of a banter and helplessness sort of convo.

but I'm not going to comment on your obsession since its clear you didn't see the game, look for the entry times, score and all that other crap as you read trying to find ammo.

Truth is, nobody really cares. he doesn't play for us anymore. but if you do want to find those like you, try

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f7/nuggets-at-suns-3-10-a-164375-13.html.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Nash is injured and pretty badly but he is trying to play through it, he'd still be elite if it wasn't for that.

AB is being way to passive, you could see it in the Rockets' game and last night. Dude has no confidence and is unfamiliar with the offense...bad combo.

14. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Hahaha.

This is why people hate on AB so much. He played poorly and I posted a random excerpt from a news article and I get 5 paragraphs of AB defense. I didn't even post my opinion on the matter, lmao.

Without all the blind AB supporters there would be no AB haters. You act like AB haters are talking to AB himself, as opposed to a bunch of random Internet folks.

15. zzpot

zzpot Member

Yeah... Lots of eye gouging. ;) :grin:

And some poking and prodding with sharp pointy sticks. :p

grrrr :mad::mad::mad:

zzpot puff puff :cool:

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

AB's highest ppg in a season from now until he retires: 13

What you got? Over/Under?

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Anyone else notice the horrific lisp Lowry talked with in this video in his rookie year? Where the hell did that go? Has he been taking speech lessons like king George to combat this handicap? Did he simply grow out of it?

I think I have discovered the secret to Lowry's huge improvement this year in his shooting and overall game. By overcoming his embarrassing speech impediment his confidence has shot through the roof. In turn this has led to a huge improvement on the court, as well as off the court with the ladies. His silky smooth stroke can now be accompanied with his equally silky smooth talk.

No homo.

#257 CXbby, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This sounds very much like the theory (which I completely subscribe to)that Tmac's game was dependent on the visibility of that freaky vein he used to have running from his right shoulder all the way down his arm. The more the vein popped out the more he beasted. Once the vein disappeared, so did his game.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Vein-In-Tracy-McGradys-Shoulder/150536118331578

1 person likes this.