1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry charged with Battery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaosDirtyStache, Jan 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Why is her story suspect? The male ref even went as far as to corroborate the female refs story and said Lowry was even verbally abusive with him. Even Corey Magette apologized on behalf of Lowry. Lowry threw the basketball and it embarrassed Magette so much even he went to apologize.

What is suspect is Lowry's behavior.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

What's suspect is how much of a "crime" this is. Was Lowry wrong? Yes. Was he over the line? Yes. But is that the type of altercation you think of when you hear someone has committed battery? I'm not a lawyer, but I'm going to guess if you look at the list of batteries that people get convicted on over the past years, they are likely things much more severe than this.

And quite frankly, I don't believe the ref would file charges if Lowry weren't a millionaire. Generally these sort of things get sorted out with an apology of some nature.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Refs corroborate about everything. They're freaking refs! I doubt that the ball was thrown all that hard, and I doubt it was as malicious as many of you are making it out to be...

Regardless, there is just not enough info to go by, either way.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes there is, there were charges filed, that is enough info.

Kyle will have to face those charges.

He will learn his lesson...and go on from there.

DD

5. amaru

amaru Member

Man y'all are STILL debating this

:rolleyes: Sweet Baby Jesus!

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Debaters rule: in the absence of an intellegent reply acuse the other poster of being a troll and redirect the discusion. :rolleyes:

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That fool follows me around this forum and trolls my posts. Very annoying.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maggette has nothing to do with it. He thought he would emphasize it because she was a woman.
    AGAIN those are not very professional refs......verbally abusive....heard of trash talk???? it is a common thing in the NBA....you are paid to absorb that.......apparently they are underpaid non professional refs....

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That is just not right at all on any level. Filling charges is never enough info and you know that. Seldom is the whole truth (and sometimes none of the truth) found in the charges. At the very least you should acknowledge that.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. While I doubt that many would argue that what Kyle did was right, or smart, how often have we seen players lose their tempers? The young Akeem did it all the time, yet he changed that aspect of his life, without, obviously, changing his competitive desire to be the best he could be. What makes this different is that a ref had a ball thrown at her, and that it was a her. Frankly, I think charges being made against Lowry is a reaction that went overboard. This should have been taken care of after a heartfelt apology by Lowry. He did apologize, did he not? And if the ref felt that wasn't enough, Kyle's should have offered a cash settlement through his attorney. I don't know if that happened, but once the police were involved, having this quietly handled didn't become a possibility, and I'm sorry that is the case. Sorry for Kyle, and sorry for the ref, because going to this extreme doesn't make her look good, either. Not in my opinion.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

UPDATE: <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=214792">Kyle Lowry pleads no contest</a>