1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry becoming a star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Treeza, Mar 8, 2011.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Move Martin first

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yeah right. He's well worth the money. Injuries were a concern but Lee's emergence will do wonders for his NBA miles.

2011/12 - $12,019,840
    2012/13 - $12,939,675

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for who?

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I thought on this board a pure pg couldnt have 30 pts and 4 assist. Didnt most call that guy a chucker?

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How is that a rare combination? Heart and desire are basically synonyms....

6. sammy

32 points on 18 shots. Efficiency.

A lot of his scoring last night was done out of necessity. Wish he could have ended regulation with 35!

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

When he does it on 19 shots, no. When he does it on 28 + shots, yes, he's a chucker.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the irony.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

i think leeb is trying to say, as he keeps this up whats the likely hood that hes going to do that? the truth is, not very, because even rafer had a nice stretch like that, its too small of a sample size to extrapolate anything out of. I'll hold off till the season ends. He has dramatically improved his shooting without a doubt, but they will most likely take a dip. Not to the point of inefficient, but i think he will settle at around 15ppg and 44% from the field and if he really can in the upper to mid 30s from 3.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

which alone would do wonders and more than good enough.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

I didn't know placeholding back-up PGs could have 30 pts and 4 assists. Didn't some on here call him that?

1 person likes this.
  12. snc

snc Member

Kyle Lowry is a professional and I hope he retires a Rocket.

13. Zfan

Zfan Member

MIP canidate? Keep improving jumper will make him a Bibby with better D.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

i actually did a check on this board's version of "he who shall not be name"
    it seems he actually shot the ball that well in numerous games and even better in multiple games.

just for the hell of it i looked for a game with closest to the same exact stats to picture that game with the game yesterday to see the glaring contrast now.

it seems that "his" game with closest to the same shot attempts and points to lowry's was that boston game.

Lowry Vs (Suns)
    FG 3 pt AST RB PF TO Pts
    11-17 7-11 3 4 3 1 32

Him (Game vs Celtics last yr)

10/17 4/6 9 1 1 3 30

with his most efficient being vs memphis

11-14 7/7 5 4 0 3 31

its crazy how it seems they've literally switched , or nearly. If lowry can maintain close 15ppg and get 7-8 assts i think it would be better suited. Thats the reason I think the cp3 comparisons are dumb, hes the only guy i've seen (Next to nash this era) that throw up 30+ pts and 10+ assists. As remarkable as both looked, their assist number are nowhere close. Even though I do believe every person chooses the extent of their own success its something that only a hand full of a players have ever done.

Other variables to factor in-

-budinger starting (no bat/hayes combo) this year led to a flux in offensive efficiency

aquisition of martin and removal of ariza-hayes-battier offensive deprived lineup led to huge flux in offensive efficiency last year as well.

Nothing is clear yet. We will have to wait and see.

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

he consistently shot in the 30s, and mid 20s from three. A force once he drove in and on the defensive end , but I'm not sure what you would expect someone to say.

16. sammy

I guess you missed the most important word in my post --> EFFICIENCY

Stop acting like 19.6 ppg on almost 16 shots per game was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

#96 sammy, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  17. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

Lowry moves the ball to others in a way that Brook's didn't. When Brooks was shooting well, his relatively limited skillset wasn't a problem, but when he wasn't shooting well the offense just all but died.

Lowry's an all around more rounded player...and I'm not hating on Aaron, I really liked the guy and remember with pride and fondness after that Laker's game when Phil Jackson complimented him...but I like Lowry as our starter so much better overall. He makes his teammates better.

1 person likes this.
  18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Theres a difference between what Lowry is doing and what Brooks used to do. Brooks can score and a much better shooter. But Lowry impact the game much more than Brooks in many other ways. Lowry is starting to score well but unlike Brooks, he is much bigger and stronger and probably just as quick, if not quicker this season. Lowry is a much better defender than Brooks, he is a willing passer and a much better distributer so teammates can get more involved in the games, he is a much better rebounder than Brooks, he pushes the ball and doesn't force up bad shots like Brooks, and Lowry plays with more intensity.

I do admit Brooks is a much better scorer but he hasn't shown any of that this season. I don't care what he did last season. The past is the past. It doesn't matter if he can't carry that towards this season. You're saying Lowry is trying to do everything Brooks used to now but you're forgetting to add in that he's playing way better defense, rebouding way more, getting other players involved much more, and playing with more intensity and smarter basketball.

All Brooks can do is score but how is that helpful when his opponent is scoring just as much because he can't play defense. Lowry doesn't get abuse on the defensive end like Brooks do. I say scoring wise, Brooks is on top but everything else, Lowry is on top of Brooks.

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

i guess you missed my ENTIRE post. I cited he had a LARGE number of efficient games, theres a reason I didn't bring up 19.6 ppg once. and if you had a grasp on the meaning of the word context in you, you would dig deeper and notice a stark difference post all star and pre all star break numbers. 3 of the starters were offensively inept at the time and teams would play off of them. that deff. makes it harder for the remaining two to score especially when one has to get the ball to the rest, his efficiency is going to dip. I don't think I need to remind you of the change in offense when martin got here as I won't offer the disrespect of claiming you don't watch the games.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

i think in the current situation given the circumstances, we are better off. Hes a smarter player and more of a warrior. he isn't worlds better in terms of playmaking when hes scoring as well. But hes a force on the defensive end and much stockier.