1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kyle Lowry, Aaron Brooks ,which is the right Option in the coming season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by missymay, Sep 8, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fair enough...I don't think we are that far off, I just think that whomever gets traded, if anyone at all, will be all based upon whom the other team wants.

Brooks is decidedly underpaid for this year only, but he will be due a big raise, so anyone acquring him will have to pay him accordingly.

Whether or not there is a trade, or they stand pat.

We shall see....we shall see.

DD

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Brooks is a valuable trade chip and could be part of any number of trades, which would leave us without a viable starting point guard....

If he let Lowry walk, then traded Brooks, we'd be starting Ish....

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

BINGO!!!!

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This really should have been a poll.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Ish plays any type of defense, he makes Brooks expendable.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The point was they were all starters when those contrats were signed.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Clevelands offer to Lowry was for a starting PG.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm scared Lowry is going to bowl into the paint and knock Yao over, causing Yao to break another bone.

9. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

STFU!

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is the most idiotic logic I've ever seen. Who cares what the intentions are, the end result is these guys are all backups now? But I'll bite.

Kyle Lowry was signed to be the Cav's starter before we matched his salary. I guess you can now see him as one of league's lowest paid starters who are not on a rookie scale contract. After all, 5M is a steal for a starting pg.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You obviously havent grasped the greater scope of my argument, so its no wonder that the logic of it escapes you.

12. choujie

choujie Member

Morey did not overpay Ariza. You won't find many MLE young players who can score, pass, rebound, defend, young and athltic.

It cost NO a Collison to get Ariza at that contract, how is he overpaid?

Yao will not be overpaid as well. If he stays healthy, he'd get Max from a bunch of teams.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yeah, sure, a guy who has missed over 162 games in the last 4 yrs making max isnt overpaid. I'm sure teams will be lining up to give 16m to a player who misses more than he plays.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yao doesn't deserve his current contract nor will he ever deserve anywhere near max. He is an injury prone center that is easily neutralized. Even when he is healthy, you can easily take him out of the game by fronting him.

15. choujie

choujie Member

Reading comprehension.

I said "If he stays healthy", and we were talking about the future contract. The current one has nothing to do with Morey.

If you really want to go back to past, Yao is still more than worth the Max even with all those injuries. Look at the franchise value increase since Yao joined Rockets. I'm not saying it is all because of Yao, but the broadcasting income ifrom China, the Chinese Ads in Toyota Center, the Chinese shoe deals Rockets players signed, the Yao jersey sales(I know it's not top 10 but still a lot over the years), the Asian people who go to see Rockets because of Yao, etc etc, I think it's not a stretch to say those money directly generated because of Yao is already much more than the money Yao got paid from Rockets. Not to metion countless indrected moeny and the money came from insurance company when Yao couldn't play.

In one word, Yao has been paying Rockets to play in the past. So he was not overpaid.

16. choujie

choujie Member

Let's see. If Yao stays healthy, I have no doubt he'd get a Max.
    Easily take him out of game by fronting him? Then tell me how Yao averages 20 points per game on 60% TS percentage.

Who used front defense the most? Golden State Worriers and Suns I believe. But if you check the history, Yao had many monster games against them.

BTW, Fronting will leave the basket open and will leave the other team's big man out of rebounding position. Even if Yao doesn't score, he makes a positive impact just because of that. Just like when he got double teamed without the ball, he made a positive impact. It's more about what players Rocket have to make fronting team pay and what strategy coach use to beat that than how Yao is "easily" take out of game.

17. Raven

Raven Member

I wish.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

As I have observed, fronting isnt something the other team does for the whole game. Its something they do usually towards the end of a close game to throw a wrench in our offensive flow. So its a weak argument to quote Yao's stats and then say fronting must not work.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would assume any NBA scout or staff member would laugh wildly at this comment.

Interesting how Houston fans are just flat out uncapable (or unwilling?) to admit to Brooks' offensive abilities.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think quite a lot of his abilities. He wouldnt be a good trading chip if otherwise. Just because someone feels AB could be moved doesnt mean his game isnt respected. Actually, its a conformation of his worth to put him near the top of people you would have to give up to get a star in return.