1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kubiak Needs to Get it Together

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Koobs needs to come out 'no huddle' and catch those clam chowdaa eating clowns off guard. Lets go, naked boot first play deep bomb to Andre. (okayyy at least a medium bomb) Set the tone early and often. Im really hoping to see some stuff I havent seen all year. they will be expecting a heavy dose of Arian, early, lets give it to them, just not in the usual style. Toss sweeps, flare outs, draws. Zone stretches are going to be beat to death in their meetings. Koobs needs to bust out that creativity he had a few years ago. This year his team came out gangbusters, and he just kept going to the same old plays. Im really hoping the offense does their part.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he will make his best effort
    I think the texas will be up by 2 touchdowns by half time

Rocket River

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is strange that the "sugar huddle" did seem effective early in the year and we didnt see it much after that.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The sugar/muddle huddle is so weak, either huddle up or go no huddle FFS. :mad:

also rotating linemen is weak. all it means is neither is good enough to win the full time job.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Arian needs to get together. Rooting for the Lakers!?! Come on man.

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

He's from Cali

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Since when was Albuquerque in California?

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Even if, let's say for the next 2 years, which playoff team would trade their QB making their salary vs Schaub with his recent extension?

Luck and RG3? No, but I'll give it a pass because of their draft positions.
    Kapernick? Good luck finding a 49er fan who don't laugh at you in the face.
    Russell Wilson? See above except replace with Seahawks fans
    Peyton, Rodgers, and Brady? Yeah... not a chance. And Kubiak passed on Peyton too, FWIW. Can't have two genius OCs on the same team I guess.
    Dalton? While less successful, he also had less to work with. Take into account age and salary? Yeah, Cincy fans aren't making that trade.
    Flacco? No Ravens fan would think their SB chances go up with Schaub instead. At best a sideways trade.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So then how do you suggest we upgrade at QB if no one is trading the good ones and we don't have a high draft pick?

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I've always thought Mike Vick would be an ideal fit for kubiaks system. He doesn't have to think, run what is played and if everything is covered gain positive yardage with your feet. Strong arm to hit Andre in stride. Whatever will never happen just my 2 pennies.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bring him in as a backup. RGIII is running the Denver system pretty well.

I'm not a big Vick fan but he'd make a good backup. But he'll finding a starting job somewhere.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Since never, he moved to San Diego I believe to live with his father during his high school years.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

We had a 3rd round pick to draft Wilson instead of Posey.
    We could've packaged 2 2nd round picks in Brooks Reed and Brandon Harris to take Dalton or Kaepernick.
    Heck, a 3rd round pick on Cousins would look pretty good now.
    And as someone above said, we could've picked up Vick when he was coming back into the NFL.

And that's just the stuff I can see as a casual fan. Kubiak and Smith should be much better than I at finding such players in drafts and FA. Instead, the best backup we have over the past 5 Schaub years are Yates and Rosencopter?

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

When the team has a greater need at WR why would they draft a QB. Seattle had bigger question marks at QB and had more reason to draft Wilson.

I would not make that Reeds/Harris trade. For Kaepernick? or even Dalton. Brooks Reed alone is a solid starting LB. Kaepernick and Dalton would be backups to Schaub.

Cousins IS NOT better than Schaub. There are people on this board that would even say he's not better than Yates.

Vick might not have his starter job next season and you think the Texans should have picked him up. What's next? You'll say they should have gotten Vince Young?

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

1. No one expected what Wilson was doing...and then again...he wasnt gonna beat out Schaub and Yates(especially after delivering a postseason win)...Kubiak wouldve waited on Wilson, and so you wouldnt have seen any of this
    2. Dalton??? really?? The reason why the Bengals were a threat was bc of their disruptive defense...and when that didnt happen...we all saw that Dalton was just not doing a good job. The jury is still out on Kapernick...
    3. Cousins? really? He cant hold TJ Yates' jock...
    4. Vick...while i do agree that the Phili line killed him, Vick makes bad decisions with the football, while he is as dynamic as they can get on the ground, he has been a huge liability for the Eagles this season, hence why he was benched for their 2nd QB Nick Foles..

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

You are forgetting the fact that these picks don't cost money. Matt Schaub costs the Texans $11.7, $10, $14, $17, $19mil. That's basically Vincent Jackson+Eric Winston(restructure a bit) money. Would you rather have Schaub + Newton + Posey or Wilson + Vincent Jackson + Winston?

As for no one expecting them to play well, Kubiak has had years to find a replacement for Schaub instead of paying a game manager ~$14mil/yr salary. Year after year, no legit QB taken that can be groomed.

They also could've had the money for Peyton if he wanted to be here. Simply sign Foster to a tender instead of an extension.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

My previous response basically can apply here too. I use the above examples, but it's more about the fact that game-managing QBs aren't top-5 picks. And over the past 5 years, the Texans should've at least tried to use a couple of mid-round picks to find one. Rather than praying to god each year that Schaub will come through, and having to pay him huge money.

Give the Texans an extra $10-15mil in capspace, and I bet you they would solve a lot of their other problems.

18. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

too much hindsight being tossed around and not enough realistic thinking.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Kubiak and Smith have put all their chips in Schaub for the next 4 years. Gary hand selected Schaub back in the 2007 trade to be his QB and has been determined to make this work.

We all see the deficiencies of Schaub and it's easy to armchair qb the decisions that could have been made, but there were never any clues that hinted Kubiak had any remote thought of replacing Schaub this whole time he's been here.

1 person likes this.
  20. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

Yup. People need to stop going back in the past and looking at all the "good" players the texans "could" have drafter. Going into a draft, teams have priorities and QB has not been on with Schaub being here (save the drafting of Yates, which was for backup purposes)