1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kubiak Needs to Get it Together

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

using Schaub's playoff record is not a valid argument because there were years that he did some very good things, and this team still sucked. I feel that statement is more of a testament to how crappy this team was overall. i think to close the book on a guy who's had a tough stretch is a bit of an over-reaction. i've questioned his ability as well, and im not overy confident that schaub' play is what is going to win this game, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility, i mean the guy is sitting as the 2nd highest throwing QB in a game, just this year. 527 yards. not just anybody can do that. Again, not saying that he's an elite QB, but that he can certainly play much better, and who's to say he doesnt elevate his game for this one since this is only his 2nd playoff game. win or lose i think he'll still be criticized, but he's ceretainly capable of winning games.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

verbal i think that is a very fair opinion and i will happily eat a bigass crow if schaub plays a very good game and is the main reason they come up with a victory.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am hoping for his best, but the Schaub situation is a living example of why you should wait till the end of a season before signing a big renewal contract. This is especially true after a major season ending injury. McNair jumped the gun. If they get waxed again and Schaub has an awful outing (I hope neither happen) and he was not under contract would he be extended? I wouldn't think so. McNair jumped the gun on Kubiak as well, almost to spite the fans. Contract extensions should be rewards for excellent performance. Yes, Schaub was MVP of the pro bowl a few years ago; give him a big bonus, but that doesn't warrant a contract extension. Schaub and Kubiak are the two major weak links on this team. Now, can we get back to the game at hand, the off season still hasn't started.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

this, Morey would have never given his players the extension. More often than not it goes back to bite the team in the ass. The market should determine a players price. We are lucky to have someone like Morey as a gm

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

2 or 3 years ago, Atlanta had the #1 seed, and Ryan choked in the divisional round.
    yeah he clearly stepped up. :rolleyes:

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

i too thought that the extension was a bit premature, but when healthy nobody had a better grasp of this offense. The jury was still out on his talent level and it was a least a move that could be validated using the data in hand. Everyone felt like this team needed a healthy Schaub to reach the promised land to begin the season. Most of the year he's been performing at a high level. He's in a rough patch and a large portion of fans have jumped ship. Where is the loyalty in that? I may be wrong and he stinks up the joint today, and afterwards there will be more information from which to assess him moving forward. I just think he may surprise a few people today.

I mean its like 60 degrees up there today, thats a sign right there isnt it?

7. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Kubiak is a *horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible* coach, but an average coach by NFL standards. Houston does not have a legit chance at the Super Bowl with him involved.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You can suck my

[​IMG]

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Fire Kubiak.

Get rid of Schaub.

Lets move on.

10. ApuN

ApuN Member

Matt Fraud