1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kubiak and Wade Phillips are 7-0 and Rick Smith is.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets5, Nov 1, 2015.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

At least it's love Hopkins, love Hopkins.

So far.

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

Rick Smith has to go. I don't think we give up on OB yet

3. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

Great idea!:grin:

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

90% of the folks here cried that we didn't draft Cordarrelle Patterson.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'd agree with you IF Smith had the same power over the roster as Elway has in Denver. But we all know that's not the case here. Smith essentially manages the business half of the GM position while the talent evaluation and decisions are made by BoB, the coaches and the scouting staff. Firing Smith won't necessarily fix what's wrong with the Texans because if you fire him and keep the same decision making structure, you'll end up with the same situation that you have now. In Denver, Kubiak & Coach Fixit did not assemble the roster - THAT was done by John Elway who has total control over personnel at Denver so there's really no comparing the two franchises.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

90% of the folks here are incredibly foolish, you just have to accept that fact and choose to waste your time trying to talk sense into them anyway....that's certainly what I've done.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

100% are just commenting on a message board and aren't deriving their income from their football personnel opinions.

We're the consumers....it's their product.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

People need to slow down on that coolaid...part of why the Broncos are so good this year is because of their terrific defense. They fly around the ball...attack gaps and hold their lanes with integrity. These Texans dont have that kind of personel. Kubiak also had to compromise that his system alone couldnt help win games all the time, however he has to defer to one of the greatest to don a uniform. Since meeting a middle ground, they have done just fine offensively. Wade Philips has energized that defensive unit. Looking like they found their mojo with better talent and a HOF QB.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Texans were also 11-1 with Kubiak and Phillips.

10. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

...watching himself on his DVR recordings of Hard Knocks, as he negotiates trade options we have for any good players not on waivers we can get rid of to save salary cap money to extend Foster and Cushing another 6 years each at a price nobody will try and match.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I found myself thinking about this last night. Oh the hysteria there would be.

If Denver really gets the running game going, watch out.

Funny what happens when you give Kub/Wade a very talented roster and a great QB. The QB part is all that we were lacking in 2011 especially.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Please... like this whole forum wasn't calling for Kubiak/Schaub/whatever scapegoat they could find for years.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Even knowing what I know now, I understand Kubiak had to go. When a team does as bad as it does and the coach is in a disagreement with the owner about the starting QB; you gotta make changes. Add that to the number of years he had with a mediocre win-loss record. Fair or not. I never thought Kubiak was the problem with this team but I understand why he had to go.

14. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Post once in a while fan is the worst.

I was never a big fire Kubiak guy. That last season was terrible because Schaub was broken. The roster had lots of good pieces before BOB and Rick took a blowtorch to it

And if its true Rick and McNair extended Schaub when Kubiak had concerns about the foot...well that's all we need to know about why this org sucks.

And then we go out and sign BOB after interviewing a whopping TWO candidates. I preferred Lovie Smith out of those two, not that he's doing great but he has a QB at least

16. Mr. Clutch

What you need in that situation is for the owner to stop meddling

17. Mr. Clutch

Certainly a lot were. But not everyone. And if there's Bobbyesque new information that Kubiak was overruled on the roster, well...

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

In that situation, the owner was right. Schaub was done.

19. Mr. Clutch

I'm talking about the owners decision to extend Schaub after he broke his foot.

Schaub was absolutely done

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I wasn't aware of the owner wanting Schaub extended and the coach not wanting it. I am talking about Mcnair wanting to go with Keenum but Kubiak wanting to go back to bearded Schaub.